NHL Project.

Patchey13

Ok to begin, I have the Detroit Redwings. I went with the same basic design I used in my last wings concept, but touched it up to what I think is a very solid concept. First I darkened the red. The whole concept is obviously based on what they currently wear, as it is perfection, but it IS a concept after all. For the alt I chose a minimilist design, something I could look back and picture Gordie Howe wearing.

I hope you like it and there will be more to come.

detroit.png

Up next is either the Stars, Islanders or Capitals

I agree about the partial arm stripe, but at the same time, I'm torn, as I think its what makes this concept. At least the partial stripe is on the outside, and not the inside like the Oilers. Overall very solid, and I'm digging that 3rd jersey. Makes me wish they had used the all white jersey for the Winter Classic like was rumored, that looks really sharp.

SEAsig.png

I like the concept and what you are trying to do with the partial stripe. Two things I think would help would be to make the stripe ever so slightly longer and to change the shape of the shoulder yoke a bit, on the white jersey the shoulders look a little strange. For your next concept I would really like to see what you would do with the capitals.

AtlantaThrashers.pngManchesterUnited_10Sig.png

cause it NEVER turns out well.

really?

I hate to take over a thread, but i got GREAT feedback on this.

-----

but about this concept, i rather like it, looks modern, which is a very good thing. very good job

but i really like the all white one at the bottom, looks sharp and new

cause it NEVER turns out well.

really?

I hate to take over a thread, but i got GREAT feedback on this.

-----

but about this concept, i rather like it, looks modern, which is a very good thing. very good job

but i really like the all white one at the bottom, looks sharp and new

Well obviously there is a few times..but mostly it just ends up being

"OMG dun change its classic, people will riot if they change to that.

But i DO like your version. :P

Up next...The Washington Capitals.

Wanting to change it up, I decided to switch it up. Black gold and white, ditching the red, white and blue.

Some thing modern, but simple. I was thinking of using the Weagle on the shoulders, but didn't feel using two separate eagles worked, so I went with a star using the same Weagle idea with the Capital building.

capitals.png

Hope you like it, C&C

**UPDATE

capitals2.png

Updated with red white and blue

YOu should have put it on a grey background, it has hard to see the jersey on the black background.

As for the jersey a major downgrade IMO. Capitals should stay with the red and never go back.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Up next...The Washington Capitals.

Wanting to change it up, I decided to switch it up. Black gold and white, ditching the red, white and blue.

Some thing modern, but simple. I was thinking of using the Weagle on the shoulders, but didn't feel using two separate eagles worked, so I went with a star using the same Weagle idea with the Capital building.

capitals.png

Hope you like it, C&C

I like the black/gold/white scheme, to be honest. I really do. I also like the capitol building/star logo.

What I don't like is that you brought back that god-awful squished eagle. I also think you should probably have some other colour (red or blue) on the jerseys, even if it's only a trim colour. And I echo what the last guy said about the background colour- the black makes the concept very hard to look at.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

To me this screams Penguins in two ways:

1) The jersey cut is what the Pens use now

2) Its pretty much the same color scheme that the Pens have now except the gold is darker

I see what youare trying to get at here, but IMO the Capitals have one of the more fitting color schemes with what they have now. I would love to see what you would be able to put together just by changing the colors and/or modifying the jersey a little.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

i feel much better about commenting on the capitals concept than the wings one, since it takes more chances :)

my suggestions for the caps concept (other than just using what they use now, since i think they're damn near perfect... but what's the fun in that?) would be to introduce the now defunct capitals blue from that logo's era as a trim color... even as little as just in the piping. it would really help make it all come together.

my other big suggestion would be to drop the primary logo you used, and go with recolored versions of their current primary/secondary logos. the "weagle" and the modern capitals wordmark.

both of those logos are stronger than the 2 logos you used in this concept, in my opinion.

Don't be locked into EDGE templates, your Red Wings and Capitals concepts both follow the exact contours of EDGE templates, although the Capitals seem to be a mashup of St. Louis and Ottawa. I don't know what you have in store but I would recommend doing original templates, so it doesn't get boring.

Don't be locked into EDGE templates, your Red Wings and Capitals concepts both follow the exact contours of EDGE templates, although the Capitals seem to be a mashup of St. Louis and Ottawa. I don't know what you have in store but I would recommend doing original templates, so it doesn't get boring.

I see what your saying, and I do have some more original designs going on. I tend to make edge cuts when I'am bored and usually look for a team that fits best. I had this idea for the Caps in my head for a while, I figured what better place to unveil it. Anyways I'm working on injecting some blue into the Capitals design. I've kind of wanted to stray away from the red white and blue for this one though. Try something different.

And thanks to whoever pointed out the Penguins similaritys. <_<:P

:evil:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived