Sports movies

raysox

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DUDE! NOT AS BAD AS FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS, WHERE TEAMS WERE WEARING UNDER ARMOR, REVO HELMETS, ALL TIGHT FIT MODERN GEAR, EVEN THO T WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE 80'S.

THAT MOVIE WAS ACTUALLY VOTED ONE OF THE WORST EDITED FILMS OF ALL TIME! PRIMARILY FOR THAT REASON!

THERE WAS MODERN ERA LOGOS FOR FOOD BRANDS, CLOTHING, ETC. ALL THRU OUT THAT MOVIE

temp.png

my son was watching angels in the outfield and it was correct to life...*shrugs*

Pretty much accurate. They were playing their "home" games in Oakland and the crossbar of the 2 should be completely horizontal and not angled as they were on the uniforms. I only know this because I watched and went to enough Angel games, but yeah, they did an excellent job on the uniforms and that is a minor nitpick compared to some of the horrible examples we've seen. I think football movies seem to be the biggest violator of horrible lack of attention to detail. I could be wrong on that.

DUDE! NOT AS BAD AS FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS, WHERE TEAMS WERE WEARING UNDER ARMOR, REVO HELMETS, ALL TIGHT FIT MODERN GEAR, EVEN THO T WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE 80'S.

THAT MOVIE WAS ACTUALLY VOTED ONE OF THE WORST EDITED FILMS OF ALL TIME! PRIMARILY FOR THAT REASON!

THERE WAS MODERN ERA LOGOS FOR FOOD BRANDS, CLOTHING, ETC. ALL THRU OUT THAT MOVIE

I second that. I wish they reproduced the red/green dot masks for Remember the Titans.

Major League seemed to have gotten it right. When they played in Cleveland, they had the White uniforms, and the games where they showed them away they had the Gray uniforms. The only thing in Major League that really bugged me was when Willie was leading off in that last big game against the Yankees, and how he was moving his legs around so much, real baseball players don't move around that much, especially if they are good at stealing bases.

T1oYViW.png

Wow... you obviously have no idea what editing is...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

This the one that got me: The Barrington Panthers.

You may as well say the Mustangs was playing the Maryland Terrapins!

Their uniforms were DIRECT rips of the Terps...complete with UnderArmour logobranding/creep all over those jokers. (It's apparent UA supplied the apparel for that movie...but good DAMN!)

Oh by the way...for those who have no idea what movie I'm talking about, I'm referencing Gridiron Gang.

Now...there IS one movie that I really do like...but you know they took the short route with the uniforms, cuz only ONE TEAM IN THE WHOLE MOVIE has a white jersey...that's the New York Emperors (or Empire, I think). Every other team is playing in dark jerseys...and one of those teams has a big cross across the fronts of their jerseys!

What movie am I referencing NOW? Any Given Sunday.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Wow... you obviously have no idea what editing is...

Ha Ha.. I was trying to figure out his post as well! I've been an editor at a sports network for over 10 years and couldn't make the connection between uniform innacuraccies and editing. That aside, I kind of liked the documentary feel that the movie had. Of course, it might be responsible for sparking the insane overuse of the "shaky camera" in film.

Now...there IS one movie that I really do like...but you know they took the short route with the uniforms, cuz only ONE TEAM IN THE WHOLE MOVIE has a white jersey...that's the New York Emperors (or Empire, I think). Every other team is playing in dark jerseys...and one of those teams has a big cross across the fronts of their jerseys!

What movie am I referencing NOW? Any Given Sunday.

yeah i tried to find a pic to post from the movie but couldn't

and i remember the cross jersey team!

Ha Ha.. I was trying to figure out his post as well! I've been an editor at a sports network for over 10 years and couldn't make the connection between uniform innacuraccies and editing. That aside, I kind of liked the documentary feel that the movie had. Of course, it might be responsible for sparking the insane overuse of the "shaky camera" in film.

Lawrence Woolsey invented that back in the late 50's. He called it "Queas-O-Rama" back then.

Yeah, the Dallas Knights. The field was an even worse nightmare.

dallasknightsfront.jpg

But, they weren't blandly ugly like the teams in The Replacements

Have you even seen The Replacements? The jerseys were pretty respectable in that one.

Archived