Charlotte Bobcats Uniforms

phayze

Well, it's been quite a while since I've done a concept so this morning I shook off the rust (or tried to) and attempted to come up with some better uniforms for the Cats.

The side paneling is supposed to resemble a claw or fang. I'm not totally sure how I feel about it... The front looks good to me but I'm not sure what I can do to the back without making it too cluttered. Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks.

11877220sa0.png

Untitled-1.png

Okay, here's version 1.1. I switched the blue and the white on the orange away jersey. I also added a blue, which I do think looks better than the orange, but I'm not sure the NBA needs another primary blue team... so for now I kept it as the alternate. The white is still my favorite by far. I'm just kind of stumped as far as the others go.

Any more comments are welcome.

bobcatsae7.png

Untitled-1.png

I like your concept, however the "Charlotte" and "Bobcats" scripts on the front of the jerseys seem to resemble the Detroit Pistons script.

I'd try to change it up. I'm not sure if it's a similar font. The numbers are fine, and the uniforms are very fresh, and clean.

I like your concept, however the "Charlotte" and "Bobcats" scripts on the front of the jerseys seem to resemble the Detroit Pistons script.

I'd try to change it up. I'm not sure if it's a similar font. The numbers are fine, and the uniforms are very fresh, and clean.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the "Charlotte" is similar to the font used on their special NASCAR themed jerseys from last season. Overall, this looks great to me, and I like the incorporation of the "Queen City C" mark over the nameplate on the back.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the "Charlotte" is similar to the font used on their special NASCAR themed jerseys from last season. Overall, this looks great to me, and I like the incorporation of the "Queen City C" mark over the nameplate on the back.

All I'm saying is it reminds me of this

It's no big deal. Especially if that is the same script they used for their Nascar jerseys last year. I don't think I ever saw those. My bad.

i really shouldn't be saying this since i suck at concepts so dont be offended, but they look sort of generic to me

I'm sure he will not be offended for such a generic comment like yours.

About the concept, well, this is a real good job. I much more appreciate your 1.1 version. I would work a little bit more on the back and on the collar, mainly. I'd like to go with a more dynamic effect for the script. What about switching the white you used with some light silver?

Where have you been all this time, huh? Hope everything it's ok up there.

i really shouldn't be saying this since i suck at concepts so dont be offended, but they look sort of generic to me

I'm sure he will not be offended for such a generic comment like yours.

About the concept, well, this is a real good job. I much more appreciate your 1.1 version. I would work a little bit more on the back and on the collar, mainly. I'd like to go with a more dynamic effect for the script. What about switching the white you used with some light silver?

Where have you been all this time, huh? Hope everything it's ok up there.

Very true.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

Looks great to me. I like version 1.1 also. The wordmarks seem a little low to me, but it's all the same I guess. I love keeping Orange as the primary away, I love how Black is gone, and I like the simplicity. They do resemble the Hawks jerseys a bit, but it's okay with me. Also, before I read the wordmarks I thought, ?This is a Phoenix Suns concept, not Bobcats.? The colors appear so similar I guess. The only thing I can think of to fix would be maybe the collar. Oh, and a lot of people think alternates should be a completely different design than the primaries. I know nobody has said that in here, but I would prepare to hear that from somebody. Nice work.

I added in some silver to try to liven things up a bit more, although I'm sure this will draw more Hawks comparisons. I don't really know.

I still feel a bit rusty and like I'm lacking real direction with this, but hopefully it'll come back over time.

bobcats2pm8.png

Untitled-1.png

Archived