Monochrome Burgundy Watch

OB33

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shame on the Redskins. We can only hope that this game turns out to be a replay of the 1940 NFL Championship Game, with the Steelers playing the role of the Bears. Maybe then they wouldn't wear them again.

Edit: I see it is 6-0 Redskins now. We will have to settle for 73-6.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

This sucks. I LOVE the burgundy jerseys, but they are ruining them with look. Lame.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I feel the need to apologize for all of the Redskins fandom for making the rest of the country endure this grotesque venture into uniform experimentation.

I have no words to express the level of the shame I feel right now.

But 6-0 helps! :D

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

I feel the need to apologize for all of the Redskins fandom for making the rest of the country endure this grotesque venture into uniform experimentation.

I have no words to express the level of the shame I feel right now.

But 6-0 helps! :D

I am a Bears fan, and I have felt this twice. In 2002, they came out in the monochromes. I was split - I never want my team to lose, but part of me deep down inside hoped they would get completely humiliated (but go on to win every game the rest of the season) so they would never wear the combo again. They were thoroughly humiliated, and the beast was dead for 4 years. In 2006, they trotted it out again in a meaningless game after they had locked up home field advantage, and they were destroyed again. It is for the best of the team if the Redskins lose by 45. At least that way you might not see this again for 4 years. :D
OldRomanSig2.jpg

I don't think they look bad, but the look seems very collegiate or high school-ish. It's very unprofessional looking, and I'm not sure why. Just the way they use the colors and striping seem to bring down a normally very good look.

TDZiMMB.png

So, who have we not seen in monochrome?

Going back to 1990 . . . and starting with the AFC East . . .

Cleveland - brown/brown and orange/orange (perish the thought)

Indianapolis - royal/royal

Jacksonville - teal/teal

Kansas City - red/red

San Diego - white helmet edition white/white, navy/navy

Detroit - honalulu blue/honalulu blue

Tampa Bay - orange/orange

I think that's it.

Archived