Monochrome Burgundy Watch

OB33

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
P.S. No disrespect or anything, but I find it mildly ironic that a user who's handle is "burgundyskins" is so adverse to a burgundy monochrome set.

Yeah, I know it's ironic, but really my name is just making light of the fact that they're called the Redskins, but wear burgundy, not that I wanted to see them in burgundy monos. Heck, I don't even really care for their burgundy jerseys. And it's not that I'm adverse to the burgundy monos, but the trend of monos as a whole. What especially irks me though is that they had resisted so far, but finally caved. Although I have to say that after the initial shock has worn off they're not as terrible as I first thought, but they're still bad.

spacer.png

Wow, I must really be in the minority here when I say that I like this look. Since the Redskins' sleeve stripes have been greatly de-emphasized over the years, make the stripes on the pants the same as those on the helmet, and the uniform would be perfect.

That's a result of the sleeves going super short, with elastic cuffs to boot, so that they slip over the end of the shoulder pads.

I agree that the twin-wide-band look went out of style with George H W Bush. Now would be a proper time to a) match the pants striping to the helmet's and/or B ) institute a set of gold pants that would work with either the dark or white jerseys.

But, the best option would be to come up with a brand new uniform, one that is a hybrid of the current logo and the classic colors, the ones that were brought back in the 70th retro look, which are, to this day, the Mona Lisa of Redskins options.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Archived