GOP Elephant Logo: Upside-Down Stars. Why?

EatSleepJeep

The democrats in some parts of the country still use the rooster, which is appropriate because alot of them are cocks...

:P

What?

So that makes Republicans cockblockers, right. :D

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

The democrats in some parts of the country still use the rooster, which is appropriate because alot of them are cocks...

:P

What?

So that makes Republicans cockblockers, right. :D

...and the lady they're blocking for?

America.

(and no, not America Ferrer.)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Take a normal upright star and tilt it a bit to the right (or left if you wish) and it looks upside down... possible explanation I found was the symbolism of leaning to the right... either way the upside down star isn't a pentagram without the circle and the pentagram itself dates back to 3,500 BC and not until the 60's was it associated with anything evil... in fact the Hebrews used to to symbolize truth and early Christians attributed the 5 points to the 5 wounds of Christ and used it as one of it's early symbols up until medieval times.

My guess is it is just a design modification for purely innocuous reasons.

stars are weird shapes because depending the way you look at it, most stars can have different positions. IF you look at this, it seems to be upside down if you look at one way, but to me it just looks like they are diagonal

Thats the way i first viewed it to. What is the story behind the choice of animals for the parties and are they official logos

logo.png

stars are weird shapes because depending the way you look at it, most stars can have different positions. IF you look at this, it seems to be upside down if you look at one way, but to me it just looks like they are diagonal

Thats the way i first viewed it to. What is the story behind the choice of animals for the parties and are they official logos

The now-famous Democratic donkey was first associated with Democrat Andrew Jackson's 1828 presidential campaign. His opponents called him a jackass (a donkey), and Jackson decided to use the image of the strong-willed animal on his campaign posters. Later, cartoonist Thomas Nast used the Democratic donkey in newspaper cartoons and made the symbol famous.

Nast invented another famous symbol?the Republican elephant. In a cartoon that appeared in Harper's Weekly in 1874, Nast drew a donkey clothed in lion's skin, scaring away all the animals at the zoo. One of those animals, the elephant, was labeled ?The Republican Vote.? That's all it took for the elephant to become associated with the Republican Party.

Democrats today say the donkey is smart and brave, while Republicans say the elephant is strong and dignified.

Google is people's friend :D

although GOP stands for 'grand old part'y, ive heard republicans usurp the acronym to stand for 'gods own party'.

made me laugh as youd think god could win an election wouldnt you?

also those stars may not be upside down, merely rotated through just 36 degrees.

although GOP stands for 'grand old part'y, ive heard republicans usurp the acronym to stand for 'gods own party'.

made me laugh as youd think god could win an election wouldnt you?

also those stars may not be upside down, merely rotated through just 36 degrees.

[Palin]That's how cold it is in my home state of Alaska! [/Palin]

Archived