Brodeur out 3-4 months?

raysox

So long as Weeks keeps us in the playoff hunt, we'll be ok. I don't see the Devils losing 15 or 20 games because of this. We won't instantly become the Lowell Devils.

We'll be fine.

As this board's only Lowell Devils season ticket holder, I can tell you that the Lowell Devils are already much better than they were last year. A lot of the dead weight was released, and the goaltending prospects are much better than the previous 2 seasons. Lowell's goaltending tandem currently is Scott Clemmensen (just got recalled) and Dave Caruso.

The team also has a few more goal scoring prospects in Nicklas Bergfors (called up), Vladimir Zharkov and Jon DiSalvatore.

Fear not Devils fans. The future is not that bleak.

Yes the Devils drafts the last couple of years have been better. There was a stretch from about 2000-03 where the few quality picks they had basically went to the NHL straight. Don't forget Halischuk who is down tere now. He looks like he will be a good player.

Exactly I mean whats going on there, is there some sorta bug or something. You never see this many key injuries early to the same team.

Really?

The Blues go through this annually.

Chris Mason (our #2 goalie) and Ben Bishop (our #3) are back, and Manny Legace is very close, but very recently the Blues had their #5 goalie on the depth chart in the lineup (though not playing).

Fourth overall draft pick Alex Pietrangelo just returned from injury.

Currently the Blues injury list stands at:

Paul Kariya

Erik Johnson

TJ Oshie

Manny Legace

DJ King

So, that our most gifted veteran forward. Our most gifted young forward. Our most gifted defenseman (young or otherwise), our All Star goaltender, and our enforcer and perhaps best fighter in the league.

Seeing the Devils have injury problems is sadly comforting.

Paul Kariya

Erik Johnson

TJ Oshie

Manny Legace

DJ King

So, that our most gifted veteran forward. Our most gifted young forward. Our most gifted defenseman (young or otherwise), our All Star goaltender, and our enforcer and perhaps best fighter in the league.

You are kidding, right?

You've never heard of this Donald Brashear fellow?

Paul Kariya

Erik Johnson

TJ Oshie

Manny Legace

DJ King

You are kidding, right?

Fighters are hard to compare because they don't all fight each other, and certainly not all the time. I said perhaps, and I meant it, but I won't argue he's hands down the best.

Brashear's a beast.

I can't actually remember a fight that appeared to go against DJ. Unfortunately he's out for the entire year though.

Last season in 14 fights, HockeyFights.com has him losing but one. I think Brashear only lost 2 out of 12, so again, I'm not trying to make a big case here.

But the suggest that King could be the best isn't absurd. He's still very young, and like I said, now out for the year, so he hasn't had much of a chance to make his reputation with fans outside of St. Louis.

Paul Kariya

Erik Johnson

TJ Oshie

Manny Legace

DJ King

You are kidding, right?

Or Georges Laraque.

...then again, the better the fighter, the less they fight, because nobody wants to fight them. Therefore "very good" fighters are actually better than "expert" fighters.

oBIgzrL.png

Archived