NHL Expansion

josh_cat_eyes

this is a forum for concepts... as in logos... and uni designs... I don't see any here.

If I want to read about fantasy hockey ideas I'll go to a fantasy sports forum in the meantime would you please refrain from posting this inappropriate stuff here?!

Who died and made you Chris Creamer?

Thanks lol. Some people seem to like pretending they're all-powerful. It's very annoying.

Thanx for the compliment. I didn't know expressing an opinion made one all powerful...

Any fantasy sports nerd can come up with the same-old-same-old drivel that's been on this thread so far... I frequent this forum for the originality and the talent that people display in their CONCEPTS. Haven't seen any here yet!!! Maybe you guys don't understand what a logo or uniform concept is... maybe it's just a little too over yer heads...

Threads like this are just a fraction above spam, and they soil the forum...

You have only made 50 post, and the original poster JOSH CAT EYES has like 1,270 post so I think he knows more about what should go where, and like Korbyn said Who died and made you Chris Creamer

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this is a forum for concepts... as in logos... and uni designs... I don't see any here.

If I want to read about fantasy hockey ideas I'll go to a fantasy sports forum in the meantime would you please refrain from posting this inappropriate stuff here?!

Who died and made you Chris Creamer?

Thanks lol. Some people seem to like pretending they're all-powerful. It's very annoying.

Threads like this are just a fraction above spam, and they soil the forum...

So do noobs who think they run the place...

But I do agree, I'm tired of these endless "what if" threads. Show me logos and unis!!!

I love the "More posts make you smarter" comments.

:rolleyes:

I don't think he was implying increased intelligence. More that the member who has 1200+ posts has likely been around far longer and would have a better idea of what is allowed and what would be looked upon in a positive light by the community.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

K a couple things here need to be addressed. 1st, there was the question of my NHL 2028/29 series. Yeah...people were not liking what I was putting out, and I got a mac, and as a paint user, I have not been able to get into the jerseys and stuff like I was on the PC. I am just kinda getting back into it now though.

The second thing is the actual topic of this thread. The teams that I have posted are just free agents. If those teams were combined with and expansion draft, then players that would be drafted could be filled in (on their former teams) with the free agents and aswell some of the free agents could be signed by the expansion teams; hope that makes sence. Also I don't think that the problem is to many bad markets either. Put a team in Winnipeg or Seattle or Portland or Hamilton and they would do a hell of a lot better than Atlanta, or the NY Islander (who are sadly not even an expansion team)

3rd thing is the contest. I think it would be a good idea but thing this is that there really is only room for 2 teams. How about this though; I provide a list of 8 Cities in the west and 8 in the east. I will provide a color scheme for 4 teams in each conference and a nickname for the other 4 teams. People then pick a team that they like and then have a week to create a logo for the team using the aforementioned color scheme/nickname that they are given. Thats 16 logos. They are then voted on with the bottom 2 teams in each conference being eliminated leaving 12 teams.

Part 2 is making an alternate logo. This will be used for the shoulder of the jerseys to be made in the next round or for the alternate jersey to be made in the round after. One week will be given to design this logo and then it will be voted on. The bottom team in each conference will be eliminated leaving 8 teams.

Part 3 is making a home and road jersey. The remaining teams 8 will create a home and road jersey using the logo that they had created. They will be given a week to do that aswell. After the week, they will be voted on with the bottom team in each division being eliminated leaving 6 teams.

Part 4 is making the alternate jersey using the alternate logo created in the previous challenge, or using a new one. After a week they will be voted on with the bottom 2 teams from each conference being eliminated leaving 4 teams.

Part 5 is a secret challenge that I will reveal after the 4th challenge. The remaining 4 teams will be voted on as a whole, not as conferences, so there could end up being two teams in the same conference. Because there is two expansion teams, there will be two winners. The winners will receive a commemorative signature or something like that.

Voting: Voting works like this. You chose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place team. A 1st place vote gives you 3 points with a 2nd place vote giving you 2 points and a 3rd place vote only giving you 1 point. The more points, the better. Also, you vote for the teams as a whole, but they are eliminated based on conference, until the final round. So, in the final round a team could have a point more then a team in the other conference but could be eliminated if they are last place in their division.

Also can someone who knows what to do give me the thumbs up or down about this contest so I can make a thread for it.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

K a couple things here need to be addressed. 1st, there was the question of my NHL 2028/29 series. Yeah...people were not liking what I was putting out, and I got a mac, and as a paint user, I have not been able to get into the jerseys and stuff like I was on the PC. I am just kinda getting back into it now though.

The second thing is the actual topic of this thread. The teams that I have posted are just free agents. If those teams were combined with and expansion draft, then players that would be drafted could be filled in (on their former teams) with the free agents and aswell some of the free agents could be signed by the expansion teams; hope that makes sence. Also I don't think that the problem is to many bad markets either. Put a team in Winnipeg or Seattle or Portland or Hamilton and they would do a hell of a lot better than Atlanta, or the NY Islander (who are sadly not even an expansion team)

3rd thing is the contest. I think it would be a good idea but thing this is that there really is only room for 2 teams. How about this though; I provide a list of 8 Cities in the west and 8 in the east. I will provide a color scheme for 4 teams in each conference and a nickname for the other 4 teams. People then pick a team that they like and then have a week to create a logo for the team using the aforementioned color scheme/nickname that they are given. Thats 16 logos. They are then voted on with the bottom 2 teams in each conference being eliminated leaving 12 teams.

Part 2 is making an alternate logo. This will be used for the shoulder of the jerseys to be made in the next round or for the alternate jersey to be made in the round after. One week will be given to design this logo and then it will be voted on. The bottom team in each conference will be eliminated leaving 8 teams.

Part 3 is making a home and road jersey. The remaining teams 8 will create a home and road jersey using the logo that they had created. They will be given a week to do that aswell. After the week, they will be voted on with the bottom team in each division being eliminated leaving 6 teams.

Part 4 is making the alternate jersey using the alternate logo created in the previous challenge, or using a new one. After a week they will be voted on with the bottom 2 teams from each conference being eliminated leaving 4 teams.

Part 5 is a secret challenge that I will reveal after the 4th challenge. The remaining 4 teams will be voted on as a whole, not as conferences, so there could end up being two teams in the same conference. Because there is two expansion teams, there will be two winners. The winners will receive a commemorative signature or something like that.

Voting: Voting works like this. You chose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place team. A 1st place vote gives you 3 points with a 2nd place vote giving you 2 points and a 3rd place vote only giving you 1 point. You vote for the teams as a whole, but they are eliminated based on conference, until the final round. So a team could have a point more then another team but could be eliminated if they are 5th place in their division.

Also can someone who knows what to do give me the thumbs up or down about this contest so I can make a thread for it.

LETS DO IT!! I'm down!!

I'm in. I think you should let us choose our own colour schemes and whatnot, though.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

You have only made 50 post, and the original poster JOSH CAT EYES has like 1,270 post so I think he knows more about what should go where, and like Korbyn said Who died and made you Chris Creamer

Who died? Not who? It's what died. The original purpose of this forum is on life support. Since you talentless fantasy nerds have forgotten, I will post the purpose of this forum as stated on the title page: "Got a sports logo or uniform design to show off to the world? Looking for some constructive criticism? This is the place to post it"[/b]

If you don't have a design to show off, there are plenty of places for you to post, this isn't one of them.

1270 posts means squat if it's mindless crap that is irrelevant to what used to make this forum interesting and true to it's goal.

Lemme see some designs, some concepts! Who cares about your dumb league ideas if there are no designs to accompany them! Either prove you belong here and are worthy of the forum or take your junior-hi juvenile speculations and go play with your hockey cards some where...

Clearly you haven't been actually reading this thread, sir. If you had, you'd know we fully intend to make concepts.

Clearly you haven't been actually reading this thread, sir. If you had, you'd know we fully intend to make concepts.

Have you chatted with the powers that be about a contest?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Have you chatted with the powers that be about a contest?

I'll be leaving that to the guy who's planning to run the contest.

MODS! CLEAN IT UP!

MODS! SHUT THIS DOWN!

I'll second that motion. I think that if posts like this are going to be successful they MUST have actual concepts prior to posting. No more of this "here's my idea, now let's all make concepts!". Josh, I'm not knocking your idea, because it is a good one, but I think it's best to follow through to actual concepts before you post. Every idea can't turn into a contest either (for those who are new to the board, there is a process that must be approved before you can create a contest).

Why don't we turn this into a contest where people suggest an expansion team, based on city, nickname, logos, jerseys, etc?

I think it's about time for Toronto to get a hockey team.

:D

Lebanon Warrior Football

LebanonWarriors3.jpg

Who died? Not who? It's what died. The original purpose of this forum is on life support. Since you talentless fantasy nerds have forgotten, I will post the purpose of this forum as stated on the title page: "Got a sports logo or uniform design to show off to the world? Looking for some constructive criticism? This is the place to post it"[/b]

If you don't have a design to show off, there are plenty of places for you to post, this isn't one of them.

1270 posts means squat if it's mindless crap that is irrelevant to what used to make this forum interesting and true to it's goal.

Lemme see some designs, some concepts! Who cares about your dumb league ideas if there are no designs to accompany them! Either prove you belong here and are worthy of the forum or take your junior-hi juvenile speculations and go play with your hockey cards some where...

Your a TOOL ok. I have made logos before and I know where to post them. BTW where is your designs??? 1270 posts is worth know how to deal with :censored: like you. Now stfu and start working on your own logos, or own "dumb ideas" for that matter, before you start telling other people what to do.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Your a TOOL ok. I have made logos before and I know where to post them. BTW where is your designs??? 1270 posts is worth know how to deal with :censored: like you. Now stfu and start working on your own logos, or own "dumb ideas" for that matter, before you start telling other people what to do.

Can anyone vote, or are there restrictions on who can vote? I want to vote on this, this looks like fun to do, but i'd be eliminated after the first round, and I know on the Apprentice, you had to have 500 posts, please make me eligible... Go Jackets and Flames! (and I know the Flames aren't in my sig, but they are my 4th fave team in the NHL) EDIT: And please no Winnipeg Jets, Oakland Seals, Quebec Nordiques, Hartford Whalers, and Cleveland Barons!

6fQjS3M.png

Amen!!!

I love the "More posts make you smarter" comments.

:rolleyes:

And I wasn't saying it like that, what I meant was he is a noob and he is acting like he owns the place, and that the original poster prolly knows more about what should go in this forum then slipnill or whatever his name is.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Archived