Youngstown Junior College

crashcarson15

I made up a school called Youngstown Junior College in Youngstown, Ohio, they are called the Destroyers and here are football and basketball jerseys.

Primary Logo:

yjclogo.jpg

Secondary Logo:

yjcwordmarklogo.jpg

Navy Home Football:

YJCHomeJersey.jpg

Silver Road Football:

YJCRoadJersey.jpg

Red Alternate Home Football:

YJCAlternateHomeJersey.jpg

White Alternate Road Football:

YJCAlternateRoadJersey.jpg

I used the Oregon template, as the things on the sleeves look like steel to me, and Youngstown used to be a thriving steel town in the Steel Valley.

Basketball Next Post

6fQjS3M.png

Now onto the basketball jerseys, I used a Marquette/Retro Cavs/DePaul/Syracuse style jersey for a retro feel.

White Home Basketball:

yjchomewhitebkbjersey.jpg

Navy Road Basketball:

yjcroadnavybkbjersey.jpg

Silver Alternate Home Basketball:

yjchomegreybkbjersey.jpg

Red Alternate Road Basketball:

yjcroadredbkbjersey.jpg

Continued next post with retro jerseys.

6fQjS3M.png

The retro jerseys are just the current jerseys in a retro-style feel. Before 1998, the school colors were royal blue, red, and silver, while before 1988, they were royal, silver, and white, and these jerseys reflect that.

Football Retro:

YJCRetroColorJersey.jpg

Basketball Retro:

yjcretrobkbjersey.jpg

Football Pants coming later on...

C&C Appreciated

And yes, I know they are pixelated.

6fQjS3M.png

At this point I will now ask my standard, obligatory question when it comes to this particular nickname:

Do you mean the Destroyers from Youngstown, or the Destroyers of Youngstown?

Given what I know about the current state of that city, I'm guessing the latter interpretation might be a tad easier to get folks to root for. :P

CCSLC signature.png

At this point I will now ask my standard, obligatory question when it comes to this particular nickname:

Do you mean the Destroyers from Youngstown, or the Destroyers of Youngstown?

Given what I know about the current state of that city, I'm guessing the latter interpretation might be a tad easier for folks to root for. :P

Truthfully, the latter does make more sense, but I got the name from the Columbus Destroyers, of course Youngstown should be renamed ghosttown...

6fQjS3M.png

whoa...

Uhh, when you say stuff like that people don't really know if that is in a good way or in a bad way.

Ok, sorry to be harsh, but the primary "logo" is pathetic. First of all, what is it? Why is there smoke coming out of the top? Why is no font used? Why is the second half of the D a different color? Don't free draw lettering. That's what fonts are for. I mean, now, it's bad. Really, really, bad.

Now, steel actually makes sense here more that Oregon, but the piping makes it look cluttered and is overall useless.

Finally, I don't think you have the right idea on what a retro jersey is supposed to be. Look at a "retro" NFL jersey. No piping. No steel shoulders. No modern fonts. No wordmarks. Just simple colors with a simple striping scheme. Like, Giants road jerseys, or New York Jets Titans jerseys. That is retro. In your case, here, you used the term retro to refer to a very modern design, just with the team's old colors.

Sidenote: tone down the light blue on the "retros" as it is somewhat blinding.

whoa...

Uhh, when you say stuff like that people don't really know if that is in a good way or in a bad way.

Ok, sorry to be harsh, but the primary "logo" is pathetic. First of all, what is it? Why is there smoke coming out of the top? Why is no font used? Why is the second half of the D a different color? Don't free draw lettering. That's what fonts are for. I mean, now, it's bad. Really, really, bad.

Now, steel actually makes sense here more that Oregon, but the piping makes it look cluttered and is overall useless.

Finally, I don't think you have the right idea on what a retro jersey is supposed to be. Look at a "retro" NFL jersey. No piping. No steel shoulders. No modern fonts. No wordmarks. Just simple colors with a simple striping scheme. Like, Giants road jerseys, or New York Jets Titans jerseys. That is retro. In your case, here, you used the term retro to refer to a very modern design, just with the team's old colors.

Sidenote: tone down the light blue on the "retros" as it is somewhat blinding.

The primary logo is a wrecking ball, and I made this school up like five years ago, when I was like in third grade (or earlier) and the logo has just stuck. And I forgot to say they are retro-colored jerseys.

6fQjS3M.png

Yeah, um.. hmm. Don't really know where to start on that primary logo. I don't think there is much to saw other than it flat out isn't good. Not to rain on your parade but I had no clue what on earth that was until I read your post. Which isn't a good thing. Go back to the drawing board on that one.

Archived