NHL.com selling Whalers merch

Wheelhouse

Did the NHL acquire the rights to the Hartford Whalers identity? I might be wrong (and if I am, please feel free to delete the thread), but I always thought up until this point Hartford held the rights to the team name and logos.

I think that this sets a great precedent for other leagues looking to capitalize on the merchandise of defunct teams.

Just wait and NFL.com will start selling Houston Oilers, Baltimore Colts, and LA Rams merch.

• 2 months later...

Just an update here - was at Woodfield yesterday, and it appears that Mitchell & Ness has also been greenlit to produce Whalers merch. FansEdge had a green lace-up hoody with a royal blue stripe and the '80s Whalers crest. They also had a royal blue track top, but the Whalers logo on the chest was from the navy blue era, complete with gray - displaying, once again, the committment to detail and accuracy we've come to expect from M&N over the past 10 years.

By the way, $100 for the hoody, $130 for the track top. Umm, no.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Just an update here - was at Woodfield yesterday, and it appears that Mitchell & Ness has also been greenlit to produce Whalers merch. FansEdge had a green lace-up hoody with a royal blue stripe and the '80s Whalers crest. They also had a royal blue track top, but the Whalers logo on the chest was from the navy blue era, complete with gray - displaying, once again, the committment to detail and accuracy we've come to expect from M&N over the past 10 years.

IMG_5198.jpg

Only $35!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

IMG_5198.jpg

Only $35!!

I've got that one and I just bought a Mitchell & Ness tee in Kelly Green. Have to represent my favorite sports (possibly even non-sports) logo of all time!

Only $35!!

"Only" really is a relative term, isn't it?

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Only $35!!

Compared to their original retail price of $50. :P

413yf9uH7lL._SS500_.jpg

This is a nice shirt!

I was going to buy the all-green hat, it fit well, but the green doesn't look THAT great on me.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

IMG_5198.jpg

Only $35!!

That is one of the few Whaler items at the NHL Store that is even close to being accurate, color and shape wise.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

IMG_5198.jpg

Only $35!!

That is one of the few Whaler items at the NHL Store that is even close to being accurate, color and shape wise.

What is wrong with this one?

p5350635dt.jpg

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

413yf9uH7lL._SS500_.jpg

This is a nice shirt!

Know what? That is a nice shirt. But not worth 42 bucks.

Here's the tracktop I saw, but don't let the pic fool you - it's actually the bright, royal blue of the '80s.

Only $35!!

Compared to their original retail price of $50. :P

413yf9uH7lL._SS500_.jpg

This is a nice shirt!

I was going to buy the all-green hat, it fit well, but the green doesn't look THAT great on me.

Ha! that's the other one I just bought!

• 8 months later...

It has begun.

They are now selling Heritage style Whalers jerseys at select retailers.

Whalers06.png

The one on the bottom is what I saw. $120.

I have heard that the airknit styles will be available within the next month.

If you're looking to cash in on a Whalers jersey, sell now because the market will soon crash!

EDIT: If I can get a pic I will post it later tonight.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Neon, you should, uh, look here.

This is good news, if the jerseys look like they should. I swear, if they come out with the navy jersey, and it's got the incorrect striping pattern like those team-order blanks Athletic Knit has been selling for years, I'm storming some sort of Bastille.

Neon, you should, uh, look here.

This is good news, if the jerseys look like they should. I swear, if they come out with the navy jersey, and it's got the incorrect striping pattern like those team-order blanks Athletic Knit has been selling for years, I'm storming some sort of Bastille.

My bad. Yea, that is the one I'm talking about.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

IMG_5198.jpg

Only $35!!

I know I'm quoting a really old post, but this is just more proof that green and red have no place being anywhere near a sports uniform.

(in reality I have no problem with green and red being used as a sports identity, unlike most of the rest of you "CHRISTMAS AMIRITE?" Philistines)

Welcome to DrunjFlix

IMG_5198.jpg

Only $35!!

I know I'm quoting a really old post, but this is just more proof that green and red have no place being anywhere near a sports uniform.

(in reality I have no problem with green and red being used as a sports identity, unlike most of the rest of you "CHRISTMAS AMIRITE?" Philistines)

Hey now... I can pull off a green shirt, BUT I cannot wear red shirts nor red hats (sometimes no green hats either. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

IMG_5198.jpg

Only $35!!

What is wrong with this one?

p5350635dt.jpg

That's the 90's logo, which didn't appear in those colors. The 80's logo is in the picture directly below your original post.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Coming from someone who owns 3 products from Retro Sports (A Leafs hat, a Leafs t-shirt and a St. Pats t-shirt) I will say that it is worth the price. This stuff is well made and very well distressed. Well, maybe I'm a sucker for paying $50 for a t-shirt... although they look better and more casual than most sports apparel out there...

If I'm paying $50 for a t-shirt, I better be getting a blowjob to go with it.....

Archived