Players Returning to Previous Teams

ShinyHubCaps

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='the49erfan15'

Who was the guy with like 3 Blue Jays stints in the 90s-early 2000s? It's so embarrassing, I can't remember his name for my life.

Is it...

Tony Fernandez, Toronto Blue Jays (1983-1990), (1993), (1998-2001):

Fernandez actually had four stints with the Blue Jays... 1983-90, 1993, 1998-99, 2001

Yeah, Fernandez. Seemed like every time the Red Sox played the Blue Jays he had just signed with them again. :P

_853436_wells300.jpg

First time I've seen the blue/red cap on anything other than the alternate jersey... was that from the all-star game by any chance?

Looks to me like Turner Field so I'd say yes.

That looks really sharp. It feature blue (appropriately for the name) and has a good amount of red.

I miss those uniforms. Wells... not so much.

Tony Martin wore 89 in his first stint with the Dolphins, then left for the Falcons, and then came back to the Dolphins wearing #80.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/354925.jpg...84831B75F48EF45

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/492169.jpg...84831B75F48EF45

Louis Oliver had two stints in Miami as well:

louisfootball2picsin3.jpg

louisoliver.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I don't have time to go look for the photos but I do know these players also had dual stints:

B.J. Surhoff - Orioles

Darryl Hamilton - Brewers

Fred McGriff - Devil Rays

Benito Santiago - Reds

Charles Johnson - Marlins

Frank Thomas - A's

Rickey Henderson - A's (4 times), Padres (twice)

Andres Galarraga - Expos, Giants

Tom Glavine - Braves

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Dave Kingman - Mets

1975-77

In the classic, perfect Met uni, and sporting white spikes at the 1976 All-Star Game:

2649888042_1be2214b91_o.png

1981-83

In the two-button pullover jersey:

001308279.jpg

(And another nifty shot of that uni.)

The Mets' "racing stripe" uni, which was eventually to be immortalised by their 1986 championship, was introduced on the road in 1982, and at home in 1983; so the mighty Kong also wore that style:

84drcham.gifdave_kingman_autograph.jpg

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Fred McGriff: D-Rays

McGriff was also a Spring instructor this year for the Rays -- saw him in the dugout at Al Lang but couldn't get a good picture.

If anyone could find a picture of Domi in his first stint with the Leafs, you get a star

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived