Green Is... wearing black.

BBTV

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the Eagles black jerseys. Hopefully they'll wear the green pants with them.

I really liked that look, a few years ago, when they wore them together. It was surprisingly good and menacing. Kinda like the Jags, when they used to wear the teal jersey's with the black pants every-once-in-a-while. As a change-up look, it worked. I wouldn't be surprised, if the Jags went to this look this Sunday, considering how bad they have played at home this year and because they are playing the undefeated Titans. Hey, why not at this point?

I still can't quite figure, why, for a night game, that the Eagles haven't worn the green jersey's with green pants at home. In fact, since they switched to black shoes, I don't think they have ever worn this combo.

If the Eagles truly wanted to "go green" this year as part of their marketing campaign, this would be a real way to do it. Maybe for the Cleveland Monday Night game later in the year, the monochrome Eagles will make an appearance for once.

Wouldn't be the first time the Eagles have gone mono.

First time was way, waayyy back in 1997, against the Niners on MNF. Proof?

241789.jpg

241791.jpg

Right, they wore the green on green a few times (they wore them on the last regular-season game against the Redskins in 2002 also), but not since they tweaked the uniform to add silver and charcoal to the pants stripe, charcoal to the numbers, and the new wordmark under the collar. If they went green on green now, it would look a lot better than even in those pictures... which isn't bad!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I couldn't agree more. This shade of green with the grey pants. Perfect.

I prefer midnight green over kelly.

Fixed your post.

You don't speak for Eagles fans... the majority of whom prefer the kelly green (at least the ones >25 years old.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Let's see here:

Eagles = Green = Black

Flyers = Orange = Black

Sixers = Red, White, Blue = Black

Phillies = Red = Let's hope it doesn't happen.

I just can't understand how the 1990's are still going on.

I'll take any green over black. In fact I'd rather see the blue/yellow again before the black. But, most of all, I'd just like to see the team somehow squeak into the playoffs.

JerseyDatabase.com - I'm that guy...

You don't speak for Eagles fans... the majority of whom prefer the kelly green (at least the ones >25 years old.)

Link?

Of course I don't have a link. I personally prefer the midnight green, but considering i live right in the middle of Eagle land, and attend every game, I think I have my finger on the pulse of the situation.

I like what the Eagles wore last time they played the bengals. Black jersey with the green pants. I couldn't find a picture.

January 2, 2005:

52072573tf8.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Fixed your post.

Thank you. I hate the midnight green but LOVE the kelly green.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

I like what the Eagles wore last time they played the bengals. Black jersey with the green pants. I couldn't find a picture.

January 2, 2005:

52072573tf8.jpg

I just vomited...and that doesn't look as bad as that combo does...

well the way I see it, it's based on the same design principles as this

AAHI194_8x10~Ahman-Green-Posters.jpg

You've got balance there. The lighter color is the helmet and pants, the darker color is represented in the jersey and socks. It follows normal football uniform design so I don't think it looks as bad as it might sound. I think it looks better this way than when they wear the white pants with the black jersey. There is not enough midnight green in the black jersey worn with the white pants to justify the helmet being green. The green pants provide a good balance amongst all the colors.

PvO6ZWJ.png

52072573tf8.jpg

I actually like this better than the black jersey with the white pants. Like McCarthy said, it's about the balance, and even if the whole package approaches Seahawks levels of drabness, at least there's still a good amount of green in it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

January 2, 2005:

52072573tf8.jpg

I just vomited...and that doesn't look as bad as that combo does...

well the way I see it, it's based on the same design principles as this

AAHI194_8x10~Ahman-Green-Posters.jpg

You've got balance there. The lighter color is the helmet and pants, the darker color is represented in the jersey and socks. It follows normal football uniform design so I don't think it looks as bad as it might sound. I think it looks better this way than when they wear the white pants with the black jersey. There is not enough midnight green in the black jersey worn with the white pants to justify the helmet being green. The green pants provide a good balance amongst all the colors.

Well said.

The only thing that bugs me about that jersey combination are the solid green sleeve stripes & collar on the jersey.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Fixed your post.

Wait a minute, he doesn't, but you do? wtf Pot/Kettle/That one color. And for the record, I hate the "jade" or midnight green they wear. Ugly as sin.

Fixed your post.

Wait a minute, he doesn't, but you do? wtf Pot/Kettle/That one color. And for the record, I hate the "jade" or midnight green they wear. Ugly as sin.

His post claimed that Eagles fans preferred MG to KG, which is a generalization that nobody, including me could possibly make. My post stated that most fans over 25 prefer KG to MG, which is not a sweeping generalization, but an opinion based on an abundance of evidence. I'm not speaking for everyone - just pointing out something that in the absence of an official poll, is likely a fact. Why is my opinion better than a sweeping generalization? For one, I live in Philadelphia and am surrounded by Eagles fans at work, and at outside of work. I also work at the stadium, so I get to speak with hundreds of different fans at every single game. Do we talk about uniforms? Of course not, except when I'm speaking to someone in an old KG jersey and I make a comment about it and they reply with "I won't buy the new crap - what is that, teal or something?"

[internet tough-guy]Take your kettle and stick it up your a**[/internet tough-guy] :D

Eagles will never win anything as long as McNabb is QB. You can bank on that.

what about four division championships (2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004), four NFC Championship Games (2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004), one NFC Championship (2004), and one Super Bowl appearance (XXXIX)?

Archived