Has Any Body Ever Heard...

CrookedThumb

I remember that I liked it, but can't remember what it was (this was about 8 years ago)... please describe.

basically they pre-scoop the MEXICAN vanilla ice cream and freeze them in an extra cold freezer until theyre rock hard. the batter is I believe composed of rice and coconut milk, along with cinnamon and sugar (different restaraunts have different recipies for it I suppose). the frozen ice cream scoops are of course battered and deep fried in some real hot oil, that way the crust fries up hot and crisp while the ice cream inside thaws slightly but is still cold. its often served on a cup made with a fried flour tortilla dusted with cinnamon sugar, whipped cream and a maraschino cherry. Im sure at the cuban place they probably even served it with a plantain chip or two.

now,....Im hungry........ B)

Ahhh, green tea ice cream is excellent after a deluxe sushi combo.

Of course, my personal favorite is haagen das rum raisin, but it's hard to find.

As a practicing lactose-intolerant,my favorite is Blue Licorice, with a nearby porto-johnny.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

ok, I was at an asian grocery store today (I was actually buying some groceries there okay....and uh....checking out the girls :D ) and I saw some ice cream there being sold in these flavors:

fruit and bean

avocado

purple yam

I guess you have to grow up with that sort of thing huh

(FYI I hate avocados....AND IM MEXICAN!!! :wacko: )

ok, after going to that same store again today, I noticed this flavor:

CORN AND CHEESE! :blink:

what the hell kind of ice cream is that?

Archived