RBK creating new NFL standard performance uniform

Gothamite

If you go to the source code of the video (Edit the post and go to HTML view), look for " playVideoads:"true" " and change that to "false." That removes the video ad from the beginning. (I just tested it in a blogger blog) That should work. Hope I helped.

Oh, that's brilliant - thanks!

I was also able to disengage the auto-play, which was bothering me.

I'd still like to download it at some point, for when they take it off their site.

If you go to the source code of the video (Edit the post and go to HTML view), look for " playVideoads:"true" " and change that to "false." That removes the video ad from the beginning. (I just tested it in a blogger blog) That should work. Hope I helped.

Oh, that's brilliant - thanks!

I was also able to disengage the auto-play, which was bothering me.

I'd still like to download it at some point, for when they take it off their site.

Get DownloadHelper for Firefox, and you should be able to.

I saw this last week and meant to post it, but for got to do so:

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/313276

Sharp dressed men

The linebackers and defensive backs tried out what they were told were prototype "uniforms of the future" in practice Thursday. The tight-fitting jerseys didn't have names or logos printed on them but were a hit with safeties Atari Bigby and Charlie Peprah.

"Supposedly, that's what they want to go to in 2010 or something," Peprah said. "I think they came from Germany. The material is really light. And really form-fitting. I thought they were great."

It's where I sit.

That the whole league is going to change their uniforms. I wouldn't believe that for a second. There won't be one team that won't change unless they want to. Will there be teams that take advantage of the alleged uniform altercations to change their look? Possibly. But it won't come as a mandate from Reebok.

This is true. Note how the Original 6 NHL teams told Reebok where they could stick their awful crap, with 4 teams changing nothing, 1 team making only minor changes, and another doing a retro jersey anyway.

Even still you will lose as a fan because they will jack up prices and reduce quality. Hell, Reebok already did this. Remember how you could get NFL jerseys for like $40-$50 before they took them over? They instantly became $65 and now they are what, $75-$85?

1zgyd8w.jpg

That the whole league is going to change their uniforms. I wouldn't believe that for a second. There won't be one team that won't change unless they want to. Will there be teams that take advantage of the alleged uniform altercations to change their look? Possibly. But it won't come as a mandate from Reebok.

This is true. Note how the Original 6 NHL teams told Reebok where they could stick their awful crap, with 4 teams changing nothing, 1 team making only minor changes, and another doing a retro jersey anyway.

Even still you will lose as a fan because they will jack up prices and reduce quality. Hell, Reebok already did this. Remember how you could get NFL jerseys for like $40-$50 before they took them over? They instantly became $65 and now they are what, $75-$85?

Not quite:

Canucks and Senators got new jerseys all together, so can't include them.

Calgary was butchered with piping and blotches of black/red/yellow all up the waist/under arm area... not to mention the god awful socks.

Edmonton basically wear practice jerseys, all white or all blue, with vertical elbow bands that go about half way around and some ridiculous piping.

Toronto lost the hem stripes. Basically an all blue or all white jersey with 2 stripes on the elbows.

Montreal stayed pretty much the same except for the blue elbow bands are angular instead of being parallel.

Not quite:

Canucks and Senators got new jerseys all together, so can't include them.

Calgary was butchered with piping and blotches of black/red/yellow all up the waist/under arm area... not to mention the god awful socks.

Edmonton basically wear practice jerseys, all white or all blue, with vertical elbow bands that go about half way around and some ridiculous piping.

Toronto lost the hem stripes. Basically an all blue or all white jersey with 2 stripes on the elbows.

Montreal stayed pretty much the same except for the blue elbow bands are angular instead of being parallel.

Original Six NHL teams:

Boston Bruins - Went retro

New York Rangers - No stylistic change

Montreal Canadiens - No stylistic change except for sleeve stripes

Toronto Maple Leafs - Lost the hemlines

Detroit Red Wings - No stylistic change

Chicago Blackhawks - No stylistic change

Technically aren't there different cuts for the Edge system?

There are technically 14 different cuts for the EDGE system in the NHL. If you play NHL 08 or 09 and go into the create-a-team mode, you can choose from all of the different cuts when designing your team's uniforms.

There was a quote from Green Bay's equipment guy that the player told him he felt like the air conditioner had been turned on or all of the doors opened. Does this mean there will be a warm set and a cold set of jerseys? i.e. - are the players going to want to wear this new style jersey in Green Bar in December?

Rob

Archived