Logos with states in them

RoughRiders9

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pantherslogo.gif

North and South Carolina

??? Please explain.

It's a little of a stretch, but the logo was designed to be a rough outline of the shapes of North and South Carolina combined.

carolinasimage.jpg

I always thought you had to see it turned 180 degrees to see it right.

Logo for the University of Tennessee System (I've always thought it was really cool)

logo-university-of-tennessee.jpg

Ok, so I'm a HUGE map geek and just tonight I bought a book called How the States got their Shapes. I haven't put it down so far, and since I'm so used to thinking about state shapes, this is a really fun thread!

Me likey.

Wow. I just checked out that book on Amazon and read the sample pages on Alabama. Looks like a fascinating book - I'ma has to pick that one up!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Logo for the University of Tennessee System (I've always thought it was really cool)

logo-university-of-tennessee.jpg

University of Kentucky:

2ijt6hx.gif

New Mexico State U.:

2m4qa6s.gif

Ok, so I'm a HUGE map geek and just tonight I bought a book called How the States got their Shapes. I haven't put it down so far, and since I'm so used to thinking about state shapes, this is a really fun thread!

Me likey.

PS- yes, I see that BBtV has replied to a post, but I deleted it, replacing it with this one.

BBtV- You should definitely get it if you like that kind of stuff. Can't put the book down.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Archived