Ducks Jersey concept

raysox

Hey everyone. A while back I felt like doing a jersey redesign. So Iwnt on the NHL tournament of logos, where they have jersey raitings of all the teams. Well the worst is the Ducks. So I set out to hopefully design a better jersey for them, and I'm pretty sure I did that, take a look!

ANARedesign.png

I wanted to keep the swoosh effect, like they have now. The socks are also swooshes.

So what do you think?

I planned to make this a series, but im wrapped up in my MLB redesign series

C&C please

I don't like it at all. First you have to have a basic understanding of the uniform elements of a hockey jersey. The socks and helmets are wrong for the road jersey and the alternate. The helmets on the road are always white. So are the socks. The alternate you have a little more room to experiment but still, the helmet and socks should be orange. The number and nameplate placement are also off. The nameplate should be lower, the number higher. Also what's up with the condensing of the numbers and the logo? The logo especially ends up looking terrible and I know the number font of the Ducks is fatter than that. Another thing: don't put the same logo from the chest onto the shoulders. I realize the Ducks don't have many to choose from but having the same logo gets repetitive. The piping is unneeded, it would look better without it. It also looks wrong, the EDGE piping goes farther out, leaving more space for the logo on the chest. The socks striping doesn't resemble the arms in shape as you say it does. It resembles the striping pattern which is good but you wouldn't get the one "swoosh" effect you are looking for. It would look like the jagged edges on the old Avs or Flames jersey, just rising and falling too many times for a sock.

So, that was a lot to fix, but if you do that it will look way better.

I don't like it at all.

Agreed. 100%.

The alternate you have a little more room to experiment but still, the helmet and socks should be orange.

I disagree with this, I know it doesn't happen often but I love when teams use the same color for the sweater and socks and then a different, but matching color for the helmet and shell (see: Colorado), just a personal preference though I guess.

The piping is unneeded, it would look better without it. It also looks wrong, the EDGE piping goes farther out, leaving more space for the logo on the chest.

Actually, with that jersey cut, the piping is right where it should be. Although is shouldn't be there at all :P

Now some C&C on the concept... the yoke is to me, a bit unnecessary. It looks out of place on the home sweater, and I guess it could work on the road, but that's pushing it. I think the black socks could work, along as the bottom half of the sock corresponds with the jersey color, but please change the pattern it doesn't match anything. The numbers are a thing I'd change as well, you have orange everywhere but there.. try to work it in somehow, but don't overdue it. Finally, NO DUCKS ALTERNATE. Please. I have seen many concepts on here for Anaheim and can honestly say the orange just doesn't work.

thanks for the C&C

i changed the things elliot said and it does look better, though the orange helmet looks wierd so i might keep it black

also the piping is there because that's where the "creases" of the jersey are

also im keeping the orange, because its different, a jersey thats not red, blue, or black.

Does this mean you guys don't like the new Flyers third?

I'm not really a great artist or expert or anything but just from lookin at it

i really liked it. i think its a great improvement over what they have now and

I like that you used to the D

Only thing i would say is same as elliott the socks and helmets need to be different on the away one and

alternate

also last thing is I'm not a great fan of the lines right around the logo going through the C and the A

Overall I liked it though

Ibleed-1.png

Archived