NBA Redesign **Series complete**

elliott

[
when you get to denver please dont use the mountain logo that says denver in replacement for the script, it has been done so many times before and it dosnt look good.

Well, I don't think I have ever seen that, but I will keep that in mind.

ill send you many pictures

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[
when you get to denver please dont use the mountain logo that says denver in replacement for the script, it has been done so many times before and it dosnt look good.

Well, I don't think I have ever seen that, but I will keep that in mind.

ill send you many pictures

Post one man, I don't know what your talking about either lol.

As for the concept, love it. The logo and scripts are just fantastic, I can't say I like the jerseys though. They are too busy. Unno, there is just something that I don't like about them lol.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Sorry about the previous post maybe lack of sleep made it make sense to me. The third sentence sould say that the ideas are solid but they don't work together. I meant to say that the yellow highlight gets lost in the white letters. Also runs into was not the way to word that either. Ignore the last comment because as I look at the jerseys more it doesn't bother me. I have no problem with you discussing my feedback. You were polite and it was somehting that needed clarification. I appreciate it when the designers on this board look at feedback instead of just dismissing it.

Sorry about the previous post maybe lack of sleep made it make sense to me. The third sentence sould say that the ideas are solid but they don't work together. I meant to say that the yellow highlight gets lost in the white letters. Also runs into was not the way to word that either. Ignore the last comment because as I look at the jerseys more it doesn't bother me. I have no problem with you discussing my feedback. You were polite and it was somehting that needed clarification. I appreciate it when the designers on this board look at feedback instead of just dismissing it.

Ok, it's all good, and I appreciate your comments!

So I think it was overall a good start, some people say they dont like the wordmarks and others say they don't like the jerseys, so it's hard to pinpoint exactly what to change. For now I am just going to leave it as-is. So, look for the next concept tomorrow late afternoon, and that's all from me until then.

Logo's good but the uniform looks bad to me because it does remind me of the Sonics. Imitation is there.

Today's uniform is better.

Thumbs-down.

Ok...but keep in mind that the jerseys I was trying to emulate were in use by the Hawks far before the Sonics ever wore theirs. The Sonics started wearing those in 2002.

So now it's time for the Pacers. I wanted to bring back pinstripes because I think that they had more of an identity in those than in their current modern looking unis. Still, I wanted to give a shout out to those days, while at the same time giving a modern look that might work in today's NBA. I took the slightly curved pinstripes seen on the Magic a step farther; I attempted to follow the contours created by the side panels.

The only other thing I have to say is that I slightly tweaked the wordmark lettering, but most people probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't told you!

Looking back, the only thing I would personally change is getting rid of the circle logo, replacing it with the 'P' logo. But first I will see what y'all think.

So, this might be a love it or hate it concept; I'm not really sure if people will like pinstripes or not. But C+C is always appreciated.

IndianaPacersConcept.gif

Next: Not sure, probably either Grizzlies, Jazz, or Clippers.

The jersey is alright, you really took the pinstripes to the extreme. I think you should have made the lines continuous behind the word marks. Not really a fan of the silver, I don't see why you wouldn't just use white there.

Lastly, no offense, but this template you are using sucks. No one has worn shorts that short in 15 years! I know there are better templates floating around this site.

I'm not a fan of the Pacers uniforms. The curve of the pinstripes just doesn't work for me, it also seems that they are a little thick. Also, there is hardly any silver on the home uniform, but the entire side panel on the road is silver. I think the less silver the better for the Pacers.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Yeah, sorry Elliot, but I'm really not feeling the new one. The colors together, with some colors dominating the road jersey and others dominating the home jersey seem off, the side panels seem too big and make everything else look shrunk, I don't know if the non-continuous pinstripes work, the shape of them really isn't working if you're contouring the pinstripes... I dunno, man. Realistically, there is nothing on the set that I find an improvement over the current look, and that's a real rarity when looking at your stuff. Usually if I don't like the whole package, I like aspects of it... but this, I just don't.

Agree completely on the use of silver on the road.

I'd have to see how the stripes look on an actual uniform to decide if I actually liked them. Agree though, get a new template for the new ones you make I'd say. I can give you one if you'd like.

Thin the pinstripes a little.

The names on the jersey get lost because they're so thin compared to the stripes.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Agree completely on the use of silver on the road.

I'd have to see how the stripes look on an actual uniform to decide if I actually liked them. Agree though, get a new template for the new ones you make I'd say. I can give you one if you'd like.

Thin the pinstripes a little.

The names on the jersey get lost because they're so thin compared to the stripes.

Yeah, if you could send me a template that would be great. I mean I think the tops of the jersey look okay but the pants are definitely a problem, like someone said. If you could send it to estrauss@mindspring.com that would be awesome, I use Illustrator CS so svg. format would be the best I think if you use a different version of Illustrator. Thanks a lot.

-----Update-----

I really did try to take everyone's advice and make it overall, better.

-Got rid of silver

-thinner pinstripes

-changed the shape of the pinstripes

-changed the shape of the side panels, also made them smaller

-pinstripes are continuous now around the numbers

-changed pants logo

Better?

IndianaPacersConcept2.gif

Once I get Chesnutz's template then I will put this design on it, but right now I just have this template, so it will have to do.

Archived