NBA Redesign **Series complete**

elliott

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Logo's good but the uniform looks bad to me because it does remind me of the Sonics. Imitation is there.

Today's uniform is better.

Thumbs-down.

Ok...but keep in mind that the jerseys I was trying to emulate were in use by the Hawks far before the Sonics ever wore theirs. The Sonics started wearing those in 2002.

Actually, the Sonics resumed wearing that striping in 2002. They also wore it for a long time before the red era. The Hawks stripes didn't go down the side.

Concept 3: Utah Jazz

Alright, so I though going back to more purple would suite the Jazz, I scrapped navy and just went with these two colors. I used the Jazz wordmark found in the logo, but kept the Utah script they currently use. One feature to note is that one the home and alternate, the offset stroke on the numbering matches the wordmark, and on the away I kept the stroke on the numbering straight on. Just for continuity. The striping scheme is really simple.

And I don't have the new template yet, but I thought I would continue the series anyway. Thanks for any comments guys.

UtahJazzConcept2008-2.gif

Next: Possibly Magic.

Concept 4: Magic

Allright, so now I have my hands on Chesnutz's template, and I worked with my layout for a while today, and I came up with something that I think is a little more polished. So all credit goes to Chesnutz once again for the template, although originally I think it was someone elses, I just can't remember their name. Like NYY something something.

So for this one I went back to the old wordmarks, kept the new numbers, got rid of the pinstripes, and completely changed the side panels. Also I went back to some sublimated stars, something that I always thought was a cool idea, it just needed to be executed correctly. So I kept the stars to a pretty small amount.

MagicConcept2.gif

So C+C would still be awesome for the Jazz, I just realized that I never changed the subtitle to concept 3 so some people might not have checked.

And C+C is also welcome for the new layout.

Next: Grizzlies (changed up color scheme for them!)

Looks so much better on that template, though I can't take any credit for it (don't know who originally made it either).

LOVE the Magic set, my favorite of your redesigns so far. The sublimated stars add so much to it. The one thing I don't like is the black numbers on the white uniforms. It'd look much better with blue letters and wordmark.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

The Jazz concept is very nice in theory, but I feel that something was lost in the execution. I see hints of Silver in there sometimes, and those should be removed IMO. I would keep it at White, Purple, Lt. Blue(great color combo, perfect for this team). The numbers should all just be 2 colors with a regular outline, don't try to match the wordmarks. In fact you should probably just take the letters from each wordmark and outline them with one color as well. That would provide some sort of continuity between the different looks. I don't know why the collar on the Lt. Blue jersey looks different, but it should probably be White. That should fix that.

As for the Magic; I would just replace the White on the sidepanels of the home jersey to Silver, then swap the Blue and Black on the wordmark and numbers on the homes. I really like these overall though. The idea is great, and I love bringing back sublimated stars, but only as a small design element. I love how the stars are in one color on the jersey and the other color on the shorts. It is not predictable, and I like that. Keep it up man. I'm hoping for Brown in the Grizzlies concept. Deliver, son!

Looks so much better on that template, though I can't take any credit for it (don't know who originally made it either).

LOVE the Magic set, my favorite of your redesigns so far. The sublimated stars add so much to it. The one thing I don't like is the black numbers on the white uniforms. It'd look much better with blue letters and wordmark.

I agree, make the numbers blue. And I don't know why, but the numbers just dont look right to me. They might be a little to skinny. But thats my only gripe. Everything else looks amazing! Good job Elliott!

The Jazz concept is very nice in theory, but I feel that something was lost in the execution. I see hints of Silver in there sometimes, and those should be removed IMO. I would keep it at White, Purple, Lt. Blue(great color combo, perfect for this team). The numbers should all just be 2 colors with a regular outline, don't try to match the wordmarks. In fact you should probably just take the letters from each wordmark and outline them with one color as well. That would provide some sort of continuity between the different looks. I don't know why the collar on the Lt. Blue jersey looks different, but it should probably be White. That should fix that.

As for the Magic; I would just replace the White on the sidepanels of the home jersey to Silver, then swap the Blue and Black on the wordmark and numbers on the homes. I really like these overall though. The idea is great, and I love bringing back sublimated stars, but only as a small design element. I love how the stars are in one color on the jersey and the other color on the shorts. It is not predictable, and I like that. Keep it up man. I'm hoping for Brown in the Grizzlies concept. Deliver, son!

I was planning on doing a navy, lt blue, and gold combo. It sounds cliche but by gold I mean the type of bronzy-gold seen in Cavs or Ducks jersey. And I eliminated the light, light blue that they use in the logo and on the aways, so I ended up tweaking the logo to fit the new color scheme. I thought it looked nice (I mean the colors) but I might experiment with some brown. I'm probably going to post my original color scheme though.

Here is a sneak preview:

Grizzlies-logo.gif

Thoughts?

So, anyhow, I am going to tweak the Jazz like eRay said, and put it on the new template. Also I am going to tweak the Magic, probably blue numbers and quite possibly what eRay was saying about the side panels. Thanks for the comments though.

Archived