NBA Redesign **Series complete**

elliott

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jazz one... just isn't really doing it for me. I dunno, man, the same things that bug me about the current Jazz set is still there, the mismatched fonts, the lack of any real identity, and the colors don't compliment each other near as well as you'd assume from brainstorming.

However, I really like the Magic set, although I think it's a situation where it's begging for a black jersey, and I agree with those who say that the logo on the side should be made smaller and lower on the shorts.

-The new Pacers are sweet. The tighter straight pinstripes work better.

-the Jazz should have a white collar on the purple. Im not really liking the numbers. They just look a little too chunky for me.

-The Magic are sweet for all the reason already mentioned. I actually like the oversized logo on the shorts.

-Grizzlies color concept looks really good. Can't wait to see the uniforms

Looking forward to what you do with the Lakers.

ThinkBlue.png

LADodgers.png

LALakers.png

Concept 5: Grizzlies

Ok, so I already showed you the color scheme and logos, so here are the jerseys. I used the general idea of the current jersey for the tops, just modernizing it more. The pants are completely different. Obviously the alternate is based on the home and away template, I just messed with the gold stripe, adding some white.

So C+C is appreciated.

GrizzliesConcept2.gif\

Next...I'm thinking Clippers.

I like the colors for the Grizzlies a lot. I think the road jersey would be hard to read, I don't think the tan and light blue would be distinct enough on the navy jersey.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I really like the Grizz color scheme, but I'm not font of the side stripes for them. I would like the stripes for a different team, but I think the Grizz have such a strong use of the skunk-stripe, that it's disappointing not to see it used anywhere but on the font. I agree with Billy B about the readability of the navy jersey. On the technical side, the striping should continue onto the waistband, so when the jerseys are tucked in, there isn't a weird gap. My only critique for the Magic is the black waistband. Make it the jersey color and put the striping on it. I love the understated use of the sublimated stars. Great colors for the Jazz, but the numerals are so thick, they would be tough to read in action, especially on the purple jersey. in addition, I think eRay was trying to say don't use drop shadows sometimes, and regular outlines the other times. Take the wordmarks and numerals and give them all a thin, consistent outline. It would add some unity to the concept. Once again watch your waistbands. Also, why not switch up the striping on the light blue set, they aren't going to mix-and-match, so they don't have to be exactly like the stripes on the other jerseys. Overall, solid work.

I actually really like the Grizz. Nice color scheme, it works very well. I'd incorporate some more white into the away though, like previously said the letters may be hard to read on the away. I'm not a fan, however, of the vertically arched names on the back. It looks like the arch is waaaaay too big, I mean it's already extremely severe on a 3 letter name, what happens if someone has a 12 letter last name?

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Archived