Sports Logos/Jerseys in movies/tv

SpokedB

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

i had to bump this back up because i just recently scored a copy "The Kid from Left Field" on ebay and downloaded "Tiger Town" from youtube not to long ago.I guess the production team was didn't bother to try to get the road team uniforms in both film accurate.

Tiger Town

vlcsnap-37711.png

vlcsnap-38056.png

vlcsnap-43243.png

vlcsnap-44121.png

i had to bump this back up because i just recently scored a copy "The Kid from Left Field" on ebay and downloaded "Tiger Town" from youtube not to long ago.I guess the production team was didn't bother to try to get the road team uniforms in both film accurate.

What may be worse is that they kind of tried, but did a terrible job.

And how did they get Scott McGregor to pitch for the Orioles in the movie? :P

04mcgregorml.jpg

^^^ REAL Scott McGregor.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Strange to think that The Waterboy would be so much more authentic than the weirdly designed helmets in Any Given Sunday (seriously, what's up with that Dallas Knights helmets?).

How about the New York Emperors? My favorite from that movie is the California Crusaders.

spacer.png

Can we merge this with the other topic?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

In Happy Gilmore, when he's at the hockey rink (I believe for tryouts in the first part of the movie), the Minnesota Moose logo is on the wall. He also had various hockey posters and pennants on his wall, and, of course, he worse a Bruins jersey for most f the movie:

happygilmore.jpg

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Strange to think that The Waterboy would be so much more authentic than the weirdly designed helmets in Any Given Sunday (seriously, what's up with that Dallas Knights helmets?).

How about the New York Emperors? My favorite from that movie is the California Crusaders.

I think they made the deliberate choice to establish a very un-NFL aesthetic. Stone's film took great pains to point out that their league wasn't the NFL, from the opening shot of the fictional league's logo to the dialogue establishing that the Miami Sharks play second fiddle to the Miami Dolphins in the city's eyes.

Contrast that to The Replacements, which was a much less antagonistic look at the sport, and which tried hard to look like their teams, or at least the Washingon Sentinels, could well exist in today's NFL. Even to the extent that the Sentinels' regular quarterback boasts of the Super Bowl rings he's won.

Archived