NFL-AFL merger question

dirwuf

I didn't want to make a new topic, but I have a musing I wanted to post on you guys about the NFL.

I did this because of the decided lack of teams in the western half of the continent.

NFL West - Seattle, San Francisco, Oakland, San Diego, Arizona, Denver, Kansas City, St. Louis

NFL East - Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, NY Jets, NY Giants, Buffalo, New England, Tennessee, Indianapolis

NFL North - Minnesota, Green Bay, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Cincinatti, Baltimore, Washington

NFL South - Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, Atlanta, Carolina, Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, Miami

16 game season.

Teams play all teams in their own division twice, and two of the 24 other teams, in a 12-year cycle.

The top 4 teams in each division make the playoffs.

(OR the top 3 in each division make the playoffs, making it a 12-team playoff, like it is now.)

The winners of each division are re-seeded 1-4, with #1 playing #4 and #2 playing #3.

The best two teams go to the Superbowl.

Done. Tell me what you think.

The AFC-NFC set-up is perfect for how the NFL wants to sell the tv packages.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I wasn't asking what the NFL and the owners wanted though. I wanted to know if you fans thought it would make any significant difference.

No I wouldn't the NFL has a great setup the way it is right now.

And as far as your argument of not enough teams in the Western side of the US

Seattle, San Francisco, Oakland, San Diego, Arizona, Denver, Kansas City, St. Louis, and Dallas all on this side of the Mississippi River. 9 out of 32 which is at least almost a third of the teams in the NFL that is on the Western half of the United States

Yeah, I wasn't asking what the NFL and the owners wanted though. I wanted to know if you fans thought it would make any significant difference.

No I wouldn't the NFL has a great setup the way it is right now.

And as far as your argument of not enough teams in the Western side of the US

Seattle, San Francisco, Oakland, San Diego, Arizona, Denver, Kansas City, St. Louis, and Dallas all on this side of the Mississippi River. 9 out of 32 which is at least almost a third of the teams in the NFL that is on the Western half of the United States

You forget one...Houston, which makes 10 of 32 west of the Mississippi. Hell, you want to be technical, you can add Minnesota as the 11th team, as seeing as that the Metrodome lies on the southern-side of the Mississippi, which when it travels downstream, it becomes the western bank.

Archived