If they remade ProStars, who should be in it?

Roger Clemente

I might return to this thread later and do some "for fun" type of things, but basically, if you were going from 3 different sports, you'd go NFL, MLB, and NBA. Hockey registers, in the American general populace somewhere between lower rung arena league football and jousting. C'mon. Especially if it's a major network, no one is casting anyone from hockey. Marketability and a wide built-in audience. There's only one hockey player in history who had that, and he was in the original.

For the NFL, you'd pretty much have to be Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.

Baseball-wise, Derek Jeter would probably be choice #1. Alex Rodriguez would seem to be a logical choice, but seemingly no one likes him, not even fans of his own team.

NBA... Shaquille O'Neal or LeBron James.

I would pick Tom Brady, Manny Ramirez, and Shaq right now (but I would pick Greg Oden if he ever reaches his basketball potential, he seems to have a great personality.)

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I might return to this thread later and do some "for fun" type of things, but basically, if you were going from 3 different sports, you'd go NFL, MLB, and NBA. Hockey registers, in the American general populace somewhere between lower rung arena league football and jousting. C'mon. Especially if it's a major network, no one is casting anyone from hockey. Marketability and a wide built-in audience. There's only one hockey player in history who had that, and he was in the original.

For the NFL, you'd pretty much have to be Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.

Baseball-wise, Derek Jeter would probably be choice #1. Alex Rodriguez would seem to be a logical choice, but seemingly no one likes him, not even fans of his own team.

NBA... Shaquille O'Neal or LeBron James.

You'd have to assume that some marketing considerations would come into play, though. If such a show were on NBC, for example, they'd almost certainly include a hockey player -- Sidney Crosby would be my guess -- since the network has some broadcasting rights for NHL games. It's sort of like sports-related product placement.

Let's see....if we were to teach kids anything, it'd have to be...

- Evgeni Malkin....you can be ugly as hell and still get a cartoon!

- Maurice Clarett....be a complete failure, get a cartoon!

- Pat Burrell...you can stirke out every at bat, but so long as you look awesome swinging and missing, you can be in a cartoon

... and let's not forget the cereal...

8-1.jpg

The cereal was the only thing I liked. I wasn't fond of the show but the cereal was awesome...even if it tasted suspiciously similar to Cheerios.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Archived