Logos that have nicknames

BBTV

I don't know about the Ball in Glove. It's just saying what it is. That would be like giving a friend with brown hair the nickname "Brown Hair". It just doesn't seem as much of a nickname as it is a description of the logo. Just one man's opinion.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure about these, so I'll throw them out as nominations. Let the debate begin.

* The Flaming Tack

* Robo Pidgeon

I'll second those nominations and add --

* Fishsticks/The Gorton's Fisherman (see above)

The Flaming Tack made it in.

Are there any other thoughts about Robo Pidgeon?

I know what you're talking about, and I've also heard it referred to as the hummingbird logo, but I don't know if either of those are famous enough to warrant consideration.

I have to protest robo-pigeon. I don't know what this is (the Eagles?) and when I Google the nickname, no logos come up. That should be a test to see how widespread these are--if you do a Google image search on the nickname and the logo doesn't come up in the first couple of pages, then it isn't famous enough to warrant hall-of-fame status. Logos that fail this test can be considered the Tony Perezes of this category.

EDIT: Wow, I'm taking this WAY too seriously! :)

I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) the Robo Pidgeon is/was the previous (1998-2008) incarnation of the Orioles bird on their caps/logo.

I second Bird in Blender for Iowa State.

I thought Robo Pidgeon referred to the Penguins 1992-2000 logo.

Me, too.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

There's got to be some kind of nickname for the guy in the Raiders logo.

If not, lets create one. For someone who is supposed to look like some menacing pirate guy he looks asleep, medicated, or with those two swords through his head.....maybe he's dead???

I've always found that logo way too strange to be taken seriously. I guess because its been around for so long that we're used to it, but when you really look at the logo you have to admit that it looks really weird for a logo in today's time.

Me, too.

Me three.

Oh, and third the "Toonces" nomination.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What's the flaming tack? It's the only I didn't know so far.

The Tennessee Titans primary logo (the one on their helmets).

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Me, too.

Me three.

Oh, and third the "Toonces" nomination.

Ok, I was wrong. I now remember the Robo part being the Penguins, but it was always Robo Penguin, or Robo Bird, never pidgeon. And then pidgeon was always associated with the overly detailed Oriole, and I guess I just got it all mixed in my head.

I've never met anyone who hated the logo, but any sports fan knows you're talking about the Red Wings when you say "the Winged Wheel". I'm just not sure if the team actually uses this term or not.

Of course, it's also a very literal description of the logo.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Can we all just remove the letter "d" from the word "pidgeon", please? ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

I'd like to nominate a few here:

-DC United's original logo, the Nazi Eagle

-the Saints' Big Chin Guy

-the Coyotes' original logo, Picasso

-the Milwaukee Admirals' current, the Dead Admiral

-the Toronto Argonauts' previous helmet logo, the Boatman (or did the team officially call it that too?)

-Penn State's "Chipmunk"

-the Thrashers "Cereal Bowl"

-the previous Sabres logo, the "Goat Head"

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Bucco Bruce I know as the Errol Flynn.

I've also seen him called the Winking Pirate and the Gay Pirate.

Ass-sphincter says what?!

Archived