Rams to wear '99 throwbacks in 2009.

rams80

Well hell...they may as well bring back Ryan McNeil, Todd Lyght, Ernie Conwell, Az-Zahir Hakim (ehh--maybe not him)...and oh, for the hell of it, let's bring back Jerome Bettis, too. Hell--let's bring Lawrence Phillips back, too, shall we?

(Shoot...if we gon go that far...someone find Jim Everett--but then again, that may be going too far back.)

Jim Everett...pffff---it's CRIS Everett. :P

You stole my line.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well hell...they may as well bring back Ryan McNeil, Todd Lyght, Ernie Conwell, Az-Zahir Hakim (ehh--maybe not him)...and oh, for the hell of it, let's bring back Jerome Bettis, too. Hell--let's bring Lawrence Phillips back, too, shall we?

(Shoot...if we gon go that far...someone find Jim Everett--but then again, that may be going too far back.)

You stole my line.

Haha, thats great. Rome looks so weird without the beard.

Actually, Trent Green is already back with the Lambs...and he's even started a game for 'em this season.

And should be starting from here on out.

But Marc Bulger has a big contract. Ugh.

Disagree.

1. He'd die out there

2. I saw him practice over the summer. Bulger may have shell shock, but he still has a better aim than Green.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Actually, Trent Green is already back with the Lambs...and he's even started a game for 'em this season.

And should be starting from here on out.

But Marc Bulger has a big contract. Ugh.

Disagree.

1. He'd die out there

2. I saw him practice over the summer. Bulger may have shell shock, but he still has a better aim than Green.

We just disagree then.

Green's not as fragile as you assume.

And Green has been bette then Bulger in both of his appearances this year. Bulger has nothing. And Jim Haslett's message of "play well or don't play" is completely ineffective when he guarantees Bulger's job regardless of performance.

Just switch back to those jerseys full-time... Who needs this overrated modern look? In all honestly... how the HELL does anybody switch their jerseys after winning a championship? Houston Rockets and St. Louis Rams boggle my mind.

Because the jerseys were originally supposed to be worn in '99, but the Rams missed the deadline for the change.

And STL, by "look better" I assume you mean "still suck, but in different ways." I doubt Green can win games either. At least with Bulger, the rookies can work on getting a feel for playing with him, since Bulger will be the starter next year. And I am honestly afraid to put anyone as concussion prone as Green behind the Rams O-Line.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You stole my line.

Well if you had seen his phantom sack in the 1989 NFC Title Game, you'd call him Cris too! ^_^

6uXNWAo.png

And I am honestly afraid to put anyone as concussion prone as Green behind the Rams O-Line.

Richie Incognito called. He says if Trent or Marc gets a concussion, it's your fault for not knowing how or when to cheer.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

And I am honestly afraid to put anyone as concussion prone as Green behind the Rams O-Line.

Richie Incognito called. He says if Trent or Marc gets a concussion, it's your fault for not knowing how or when to cheer.

Tell him thanks. I assume it's also my fault when he commits a stupid personal foul penalty. <_<

Today, we are all otaku.

The current Rams jerseys have a better design with bad colors. The old ones have great colors and look dumpy. Let's find the best of both worlds.

The current uniforms are light years better then those old things.

Royal blue and bright yellow don't compare with navy blue and vegas gold.

Sorry, but those things were retired for a reason.

Bergan your act is getting real old real fast my friend. The old Rams unis make the curent ones look like absolute garbage. They could and should go back to them full time. Just because something is new and different does'nt mean it's better. You are exactly what is wrong with this Great Country we live in you have no respect for tradition. We stopped saying the Pledge of Allegiance in schools because of nit wits like you.Bomb,Bomb,Bomb Iran...Pledge Allegiance to our Flag and change back the Vikings and Rams to their old unis....No monochromes and no same color socks as pants and I know you will love this one dear Bergan everyone must have a pair of striped socks. Atios! and :censored: YOU Biatch!!!!!!!!!!

Bergan your act is getting real old real fast my friend. The old Rams unis make the curent ones look like absolute garbage. They could and should go back to them full time. Just because something is new and different does'nt mean it's better. You are exactly what is wrong with this Great Country we live in you have no respect for tradition. We stopped saying the Pledge of Allegiance in schools because of nit wits like you.Bomb,Bomb,Bomb Iran...Pledge Allegiance to our Flag and change back the Vikings and Rams to their old unis....No monochromes and no same color socks as pants and I know you will love this one dear Bergan everyone must have a pair of striped socks. Atios! and :censored: YOU Biatch!!!!!!!!!!

Uh...not exactly an advocate for the separation of sport and state there, eh?? :therock:

About the main point...the current Rams set ain't exactly ass, but the previous set is, in my opinion, wwaaayyyy better than the current. Previous set + this era's numbers (or, at least the colors of the previous era applied to this set) = win in my book.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The current Rams jerseys have a better design with bad colors. The old ones have great colors and look dumpy. Let's find the best of both worlds.

The current uniforms are light years better then those old things.

Royal blue and bright yellow don't compare with navy blue and vegas gold.

Sorry, but those things were retired for a reason.

Just out of curriousty, is there ANY of these new horrible looks you don't love?

that's chris everett

same old sorry ass rams

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

I loved the old Rams uniforms, but no, they aren't better than what they have now (when they wear gold pants).

I'd be intrigued by simply replacing the colors on the new uniforms with royal and yellow (and then adding stripes to the new yellow pants), but the design of the current uniforms is vastly superior.

The Ram horns on the sleeves were cool and all, but the (1) won't work very well on the shorter sleeves (I'm worried about how the throwbacks will work), and (2) really don't make all that much sense, where as the helmet horns do.

Further, the current shoulder stripe look also harkens back to the beautiful Deacon Jones era uniforms.

Archived