Rams to wear '99 throwbacks in 2009.

rams80

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vegas gold is unique and a better looking color, in 2008, then yellow is.

Lemons and traffic lights should be updated by late December.

Some of the traffic lights on my commute have already been changed. That part of the drive is much more pleasant than the other portion.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Well hell...they may as well bring back Ryan McNeil, Todd Lyght, Ernie Conwell, Az-Zahir Hakim (ehh--maybe not him)...and oh, for the hell of it, let's bring back Jerome Bettis, too. Hell--let's bring Lawrence Phillips back, too, shall we?

(Shoot...if we gon go that far...someone find Jim Everett--but then again, that may be going too far back.)

I'd like to add the Nigerian Nightmare Christian Okoye and the other Curt Warner to that list.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Give it a few years.

Like 2012, if memory serves. Then they get their new stadium, and a dome won't cut it.

I think it's 2014...or maybe through 2014 so 2015.

Who knows what's gonna happen, though.

You may be right.

I'm pretty confident that it's going to happen, though. So long as LA remains without a team (and is therefore a relocation threat), St. Louis will be forced by the lease to build 'em a new park.

The only thing I see as questionable is whether they build an open-air park or a retractable roof, and that will depend on the state of Missouri's economy at the time.

Give it a few years.

Like 2012, if memory serves. Then they get their new stadium, and a dome won't cut it.

I think it's 2014...or maybe through 2014 so 2015.

Who knows what's gonna happen, though.

You may be right.

I'm pretty confident that it's going to happen, though. So long as LA remains without a team (and is therefore a relocation threat), St. Louis will be forced by the lease to build 'em a new park.

The only thing I see as questionable is whether they build an open-air park or a retractable roof, and that will depend on the state of Missouri's economy at the time.

Oh, I agree that the question isn't so much whether the lease will require a new stadium or whether something else can be worked out, but instead is whether a new stadium will be built or the team will leave town.

I'm obviously hoping for the former.

Right now Chip Rosenbloom is fully committed to finding an owner who will commit to keep thing the team in St. Louis (if he weren't, he'd be actively shopping the team instead of just letting the "for sale" title slide around), but so far I don't think he's found anybody. He's at least said he hasn't found a local owner.

But we'll see where this all goes. I think we'll have a better idea of where things are heading by training camp next year.

I'm presuming for the moment that they do stay in St. Louis until the lease provision has been triggered, whether or not the team is sold.

Don't know how St. Louis can upgrade the Dome to keep pace with new stadia, so out with the old, in with the new. And very few local owners would keep the team in town if the city fails to live up to their end of the bargain - multimillionaires don't get there by being poor businessmen.

I'm presuming for the moment that they do stay in St. Louis until the lease provision has been triggered, whether or not the team is sold.

Don't know how St. Louis can upgrade the Dome to keep pace with new stadia, so out with the old, in with the new. And very few local owners would keep the team in town if the city fails to live up to their end of the bargain - multimillionaires don't get there by being poor businessmen.

Agreed. I think Chip understands that too. But you also know there's plenty of parties who would purchase with the intent to move if at all possible.

Those are the people Chip certainly doesn't want to sell to.

Does anyone else find it comically ironic that an ownership group which seems fundamentally opposed to setting down roots or growing its fanbase beyond Greater St. Louis now wants a commitment out of the new owner to keep it in town?

If only the NFL would let Kroenke own the team.

Oh heck with it. Let them move. <_<

Los Angeles Rams 2.0 everyone! Now the free agents will come as will the ESPN coverage!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Didn't they have a similar problem with the Cardinals and Bidwell?

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

I always loved the dark jersey from the blue and white years, too:

1972_Broncos-Rams_Gabriel.jpg

Saints1967JimTaylorgame.jpg

That second photo was, from a uniform standpoint, one of the greatest looking games in NFL history IMHO.

I actually bought a Roman Gabriel 1969 from an HR-Derby auction on eBay awhile back:

1969_Rams_Blue_FrontJPG.jpg

Damn, that Rams/Saints game from '67 sure was a GOOD LOOKING game, if nothing else.

metslogo_215.gif

The Rams lease at the Edward Jones Dome runs through 2015 season after that if its not in the top 10 of NFL stadiums then their lease is void. There are plans for renovations in 2009 which will be new scoreboards/LED strips, new paint color in stadium, and they are going to rip out the area where the current scoreboards are located so more light can be let in the stadium, there are two open clubs in that area and they want to give them exposure as well. These renovations were suppose to be done in 2005 but the club let it slide until now. the next set of renovations are suppose to be 2014-2015. A new stadium will be a major chip in the Rams staying in STL.

Theres no way that stadium will be top ten by 2015. i dont see st louis kicking down money to replace a 20 year old stadium for a mess of a franchise with blacked out games, either. there will be a new LA stadium by then with nobody in it. its unfortunate that st. louis built a dome at the tail end of of an era before a boom in new stadiums. i think they'll be back in their rightful home(no, not cleveland) before 2015.

Just out of curiosity, what's so bad about the Edward Jones Dome? I've never been there so I don't understand the rush to move out of it. Also, if it was built in the mid 90's why is it already outdated? Is it like football's version of the new Comiskey park?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Just out of curiosity, what's so bad about the Edward Jones Dome? I've never been there so I don't understand the rush to move out of it. Also, if it was built in the mid 90's why is it already outdated? Is it like football's version of the new Comiskey park?

I believe it was designed a handful a years before it was even built, and thus was already outdated when built. It's also just kind of a dry design, and that doesn't help.

Is it really that bad? No. It's not dirty or falling apart, and it has most of the basic things you'd want. It's in nice shape.

But it has no charm.

Didn't need charm when the Rams were good. It was, in fact, one of the hardest places to play for opponents. But now that they stink, and there's no energy to the building, it's flaws are very easily revealed.

I think it's far too early to predict what will happen in 2015. With the current state of the Rams, no, I don't think the city would build a new stadium, but turnarounds in the NFL can happen much sooner than 5 years.

Not with zygs and that front office

And you won't get competent guys in to replace them until Chip sells the team.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Not with zygs and that front office

And you won't get competent guys in to replace them until Chip sells the team.

Zygs and Shaw are done after this year.

What makes you think they can't hire competent replacements, though?

I realize the Rams aren't an attractive organization right now, but I'm not sure the owner is the reason.

Devaney (who I consider quite competent) will likely takeover as GM, and we'll see if they bring others into the front office. Marshall Faulk seems to care deeply about the state of the franchise, I'd like to see them find a spot for him.

Archived