Rams to wear '99 throwbacks in 2009.

rams80

Not with zygs and that front office

And you won't get competent guys in to replace them until Chip sells the team.

Zygs and Shaw are done after this year.

What makes you think they can't hire competent replacements, though?

I realize the Rams aren't an attractive organization right now, but I'm not sure the owner is the reason.

Devaney (who I consider quite competent) will likely takeover as GM, and we'll see if they bring others into the front office. Marshall Faulk seems to care deeply about the state of the franchise, I'd like to see them find a spot for him.

What veteran professional front office guy is going to want to sign on with a franchise that will be sold in a year or two? The new owner will want to bring in his own guys at the earliest possible convenience, so the existing front office will be reluctant to embark on a full rebuilding program, but rather try to win "now." And likely fail given the systemic problems within the Rams roster.

Marshall's a great guy, but I'd rather not give him a position of high responsibility within the front office yet. Let him prove himself at a lower rung first. Devaney had a good draft, but will that continue if you give him more responsibility and duties?

Ultimately when this franchise goes a-hiring Chip Rosenbloom will get a bunch of first timers. Which may work, but just as likely will not. And they'll be fired within the first losing season after the sale as well. Which will lead to another, different rebuilding program.

Honestly, I want Chip to make a sale within the next few months. If the owner moves them to LA in 2015, so be it.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dream matchup: Rams in Norm Van Brocklin-era yellow jerseys play 49ers in Montana-era red jerseys.

legs.jpgJoe-Montana---21-Photograph-C12188502.jpeg

Unless my memory has completely gone, this uni match-up happened during the 75th year... I know I've got some old vhs tapes from that year somewhere. Can anybody dig up a pic?

Wait... my fault... right Ram uni, wrong 9er uni...

Oh, well.

Dream matchup: Rams in Norm Van Brocklin-era yellow jerseys play 49ers in Montana-era red jerseys.

Hey... who are the Ramns playing there? Just a weird re-color job?

Probably one of those defunct teams, like the New York Yanks, or the Pre Baltimore Colts, Dallas Texans. Who knows?

metslogo_215.gif

Hey... who are the Ramns playing there? Just a weird re-color job?

The helmet suggests Dallas Texans, but that stripe tapers back. Perhaps the New York Yanks? There was color film on NFL Lost Treasures that showed the Yanks with light blue and navy blue jerseys, but I do not remember light blue pants.

Archived