Vikings Throwbacks

Bmac

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just got my Vikings fan newsletter and it said they are wearing throwbacks on Nov. 30 against da Bearsss.

I am excited.

Yippee. I am sure it will spark the team to lose 13-10, instead of 16-10. :P

Just means there is one more game, where the current conssssseerrrrrvvvvative coaching staff, won't trot out the purple pants.

Vikings football: 8 and 8 and proud of it.

I just got my Vikings fan newsletter and it said they are wearing throwbacks on Nov. 30 against da Bearsss.

I am excited.

And they should continue to wear them...forever.

Amen.

I beg to differ.

Their recent change is one of the few "modern" style unis that I'm completely in favor of. I liked the old style stripes on the shoulders of the white jerseys, but I think the new ones work much better.

Thank you Vikings. I will no longer have to vomit at your choice of attire while you play the Bears. Hopefully the Bears will have come to their senses and be wearing the navy pants with the white jerseys be then.

At least we will be able to see a beautiful uniform match up, which will hopefully distract us from the pitiful slap-fight taking place on the field.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I love the throwbacks. The purple is much darker. I even like the gray facemasks, and normally I HATE gray facemasks but they seem to work well.

According to all of the official specs, they're using the same exact Purple for both the current unis and the throwbacks.

Whether or not Reebok is actually following those specs remains to be seen.

Thank you Vikings. I will no longer have to vomit at your choice of attire while you play the Bears. Hopefully the Bears will have come to their senses and be wearing the navy pants with the white jerseys be then.

Posh. White on white is classic. It's more intimidating. They look bigger.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm not crazy about the new Vikings look, but their previous set did absolutely nothing for me. Admittedly, I'm from Texas and have zero connection to their tradition. They have an interesting color combo and identity and just think they have the potential for something pretty great. I've seen a few concepts on the other board that I thought were fantastic.

I am excited.

Amen.

Concur.

As a Viking fan for nearly 40 years, the classic jerseys just look so, so "right".

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I am excited.

Amen.

Concur.

Let me make this semi unanimous.

bill%20brown.jpg

Yes that is a spectacular uniform, no question about it. Unfortunately the throwbacks do not look all that much like these. At least the throwback they wore last year don't... it was the late 70's version... no number outlines, smaller helmet horn, etc. Plus, that classic uni design on the modern sleeveless uniform just makes me sad. What they need is an all new try... best of the old traditional elements, a few of the new changes. Look forward without jumping on the panel and pipping bandwagon. Oh, well... maybe I'm just dreaming.

By the way, can we stop all the "purple has changed" nonsense, once and for all.

You know what's changed? Color TV technology.

Archived