Special Iron Crossover/discrimibattle Challenge!

IronChefShark

http://www.angelfire.com/ct3/onwis97/images/mlb.gif

Titans Baseball.

Discrimihater, where do you get that template? I like it better than this one, from Dressed to the nines at www.baseballhof.com.

well, fellow wisconsinte, it's RC's old temp. and i see he's now using a different one

deadline will be thursday night, 9 pm ct, and voting will be by poll. at least it's more than two people this time :P

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I might try my hand at this.

Just reserving the Toronto Maple Leafs or the Quebec Nordiques.

Not sure which to do...

EDIT: Scratch that. Not in teh mood.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

the poll has been posted, the channel six news is on and i've decided to become overrated :hockeysmiley:

that can only mean one thing: entry is now closed, voting is now in motion, and this battle is O-VAH!

it's been great so far, i think we just may do this again someday. hopefully that'll be more Steagle-like than Carpet-like (fyi Steelers and Cardinals merged for the 43 season, and sucked, hence the Carpets name)

the winner will get a somewhat decent new sig, that being the Manic March round 2 Championship Banner :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

OK, this is a very close set of voting, and some asked for outside input. I did not enter, and I hadn't looked at the concepts until the voting had been posted, so my views are fresh.

Clarky - Sens - These are technically correct, but i think the redish tone you used is a little too orange, rust, red. The black undershirt is an interesting touch, but the sleeveless look is tough to pull off exactly. The pant stripe may be a little too progressive, a little too hockey.

vladdy - The color palate is nice, but i'm not sure what the teal is doing in the background. I think this concept may have viewed better with black outlines, and a white background. The psuedo-sleeveless look is very interesting and creative, but not something folks are used to seeing in baseball.

OnWis - Somehow, there is some backlash to light blue, and in your case, it ended up looking teal. This template you used is better used for details of where striping and patches are, rather than to show a whole concept. There isn't a whole lot to you concept, just color and two logos. Perhaps some extra patches, some color striping, etc would have helped.

epper - nice clean look. Chosing two logos, a primary color, and goign with it is a great idea. The star logo is perfect. I think this concept benefitted from a VERY clean execution, and didn't suffer as much as it could have for looking very Smurfish. Note to Paint guys: This concept in Paint wouldn't have received nearly as many votes.

puckcool - I think this idea is a sound one,but Paint bit you. Also, the blue is VERY bright, the Detroit font is curved upwards on the ends, and lower in the middle, which is unusual. The hat looks very flat, and the two color hat is often rejected. The pant striping works, but the black on the shirt looks unnatural and forced. Maybe a thicher side stripe, or a shoulder treatment would have workd better. Or, going with grey pants might have been a better received desicion.

Sabres7200 - (By the way, you are an atlanta guy, why are you not Thrashers7200?) Thisis a nice concept, again witht he light blue. I think all the entries with light blue were unintentionally hurt by the sheervolume of light blue sets entered. While this is a great interpretation, some folks automatically see the Atlanta and the light blue, and transpose their hate for the 3rd on you. The baseball bat was a smart logo change. Nice witht he navy socks as well. The maroon hat bill looks a little unnatural.

pittunited - The gold-grey would most likely look great on the field, and had perhaps the best real-life application chances, but unfortunately doesn't look quite as nice online. The font you used strikes me as unique, which can polarize folks. The heavy black may also work against you.

vic - God colors, but i wonder if this team has enough support to carry a win. The brass/gold color on the socks looks added on at the last minute, and the striping is too thin. Maybe put the center strip three times as thick, and leave the outside stripes thin, and you'd have a nicer look. The blue is nice online, but on the field this would be a little much, I think.

thefoofighter - overall well done. The DN logo on the hat is nice. I think the nuggests on the front needed some white. The outlines on your jersey needed to be heavier black, to keep this from looking as much like a billboard. The striping on the sleeves and pants is incredibly tiny, and needed bumped up three to four times as big.

junglebook - overall a nice look. The balck is a good choice for the blazers, but i dont know how well it translates to baseball. The flaming baseball is a nice touch, but perhaps too unique. The red you used looks a little orange. Partiularly glaring in the belt.

--DAMN you guys have a lot of entries!!

Astrobull - Actualy, i like this as a concept, but again Paint bit another good entry. It would be good if we could get folks to judge ideas rather than graphics programs, but we never will. The green is a touch light, and looks more mint than it perhaps should. You could have gotten their logos involved a little more as well. Otherwise, I think it is a good concept.

RogerClem - Well done, but i'm not sure a cross over is the right timeto give a team a new color palate. This is all wordmark and hardly any logo, which may be accurate for an MLB concept, but i'm not sure it plays well witht his crowd. This dark a set would be awfully hot in july, but it looks nice.

bosox - A clan concept, but the white should have been carried over onto the shirt and the hat. You have a lot white in the pants and socks, but it would have really made it pop with more white.

**Overall guys, very well done. A lot of solid entries. I really enjoyed commenting, I hope it helps.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

okay, it's 9 pm, and ya know what that means: voting's over, and the winner will be crowned. however, we have a problem

the good news: everybody got at least one vote :)

the 'bad' news: there was a three-way tie for first, so i have to find a way to break the tie.

the tiebreaker? paynomind has unwittingly provided me a way to do so (thanks :D ) and i've extended voting deadline to 9:15. if nothing's changed by then i'll use paynomind to break the tie, in a way.

2016cubscreamsig.png

okay, we have vladdy, epper and Sabres tied with 4 votes apiece. voting is now officially closed, so now i will use my 'vote', special thanks to paynomind. i'll look at the pros and cons pnm pointed out and go from there.

vladdy - The color palate is nice, but i'm not sure what the teal is doing in the background. I think this concept may have viewed better with black outlines, and a white background. The psuedo-sleeveless look is very interesting and creative, but not something folks are used to seeing in baseball.

pros: color palette, creative look

cons: teal BG, rocking the baseball boat

score: 0

epper - nice clean look. Chosing two logos, a primary color, and goign with it is a great idea. The star logo is perfect. I think this concept benefitted from a VERY clean execution, and didn't suffer as much as it could have for looking very Smurfish. Note to Paint guys: This concept in Paint wouldn't have received nearly as many votes.

pros: clean look, logos of choice

cons: 'Smurfish' look

score: +1

Sabres7200 - (By the way, you are an atlanta guy, why are you not Thrashers7200?) Thisis a nice concept, again witht he light blue. I think all the entries with light blue were unintentionally hurt by the sheervolume of light blue sets entered. While this is a great interpretation, some folks automatically see the Atlanta and the light blue, and transpose their hate for the 3rd on you. The baseball bat was a smart logo change. Nice witht he navy socks as well. The maroon hat bill looks a little unnatural.

pros: logo edit, navy socks, interpretation

cons: most entries were light blue, hat bill color, 3rd jersey backlash

score: 0

so in the tiebreaker, i will now announce the winner...taking the paynomind tiebreaker, and the Iron Crossover/DiscrimiBattle Special Event...epper!

congratulations to everybody for entering, and as promised here is epper's sig

mmepper.gif

2016cubscreamsig.png

wow... congrats, eppers!

discrim, i'm glad I could be of help in judging the contest. I didn't vote, so i guess that served as my vote.

Appologies to the others, I really had no idea this is what my comments would be used for. I was just trying to provide feedback, and give folks a fresh perspective on their designs, and how i, myself, would think about inproving them. I'm glad I could help, but i feel strangely self concious, like I off-handedly killed saber and vladdy's chnaces at the win.

But, congrats, and good job guys!

Judged contests instead of voting... hmmm.. i like it.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

discrim, i'm glad I could be of help in judging the contest. I didn't vote, so i guess that served as my vote.

Appologies to the others, I really had no idea this is what my comments would be used for. I was just trying to provide feedback, and give folks a fresh perspective on their designs, and how i, myself, would think about inproving them. I'm glad I could help, but i feel strangely self concious, like I off-handedly killed saber and vladdy's chnaces at the win.

well, you happened to be the most useful thing in front of me :hockeysmiley:

only other things i had were my cousin's schoolbook, an envelope opener and some pens that are probably out of ink. it was mainly a result of thinking on my feet and what seems to be a new problem down here: too many good options :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

Congrats Epper! Thanks for the input from everyone, this was my first contest and I really enjoyed being in it. As for the teal... that wasn't intentional, on my screen it looks like green. Thanks again to everyone who participated, and congratulations to epper. :D

Archived