Buffalo Bills Logo Concept

shiznit1083

I came in to say the exact opposite. In an era where every logo looks like he's 'roiding, it's refreshing to see one that is a bit more whimsical. Looking back through history there is plenty of precidence for non-intimidating logos. That's proabbaly my favorite part of the design.

Good work!

A valid point, and you might be right. The NFL is definitely oversaturated with the super intense speed-and-intensity logos (Broncos, Falcons, Panthers, etc.).

The new one is an improvement, but he is VERY chunky.

EDIT: Now that I look at it, it's just the front of the buffalo that's a tad obese. The back half looks just about perfect. Just try tweaking the chest and front legs.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I really liked the first buffalo, but it looked a little too playful, mainly because of the expression on his face.

The new buffalo is fiercer, but a little too fat. Slim that guy down a bit. Also, it looks like you are going for a 3/4 view here and the absence of the buffalo's left eye is distracting to me. I think you should try to find a way to show the buffalo's left eye.

Image of Bison

As you guys can see, Bison have very deep and broad chests with short and powerful forelegs, at least relative to the rear set. To my eyes his logo is very anatomically correct.

That aside, I really like the look of the logo, I'm just hoping the unis aren't typical of what I call the Team America color set.

cttdolphins2.png

Image of Bison

As you guys can see, Bison have very deep and broad chests with short and powerful forelegs, at least relative to the rear set. To my eyes his logo is very anatomically correct.

That aside, I really like the look of the logo, I'm just hoping the unis aren't typical of what I call the Team America color set.

Still, idk I know it's accurate but it looks off.

6fQjS3M.png

Well done, mate. The more aggressive buffalo is a big improvement, I felt the first design the buffalo was a bit too cheery. Nice work.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Alright a few updates:

- Changed the front legs completely.

- Pissed him off a bit.

- Changed from the darker blue to royal.

- Tightened the kerning on the text.

- Changed the direction.

bills-2.jpg

I think this looks fantastic. I am not crazy about the lightning bolt, if it was a tad less literal I think it would look a little less jarring but have the same feeling. I am also concerned about the red on the eye. I like how it looks here, but any small that this and it will disappear.

But I really like the concept!

I can't anything else that anyone else hasn't already said about this design...it's fantastic. To me, the most underrated part of it is the script. I'm not sold on the bolt either, but seeing how the current logo integrates red, your use of red is a better "fit" to my eyes.

ASIDE: I also wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for posting this original concept, Gravy. I know I'm going to get slammed for saying this, but lately, the more talented designers associated with these boards have pretty much stopped posting designs. Thus, we see less and less quality work. But when someone actually produces good design, either a bunch of hacks who thinks they're experts and their opinions carry any real weight nitpick the :censored: out of it or it gets buried under the latest flood of recolors, paint-by-number concepts, crossovers, and redesign projects (though some of these are GREAT). IMHO, that's mostly because the more talented designers don't post designs or even offer critiques anymore. So, we lose sight of what good design actually looks like and we also don't get to learn from their actual expert criticism. As a result, even the good "up-and-comers" get a bit full of themselves The ignorant masses slurp all over their every design and they don't learn anything to make them better.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Looks amazing.

Really well done.

Only thing I'd add, put a watermark on it before it becomes the new official logo of the Buffalo Kolodziej.

There already is one on it.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived