Detroit Lions

udubs03

echoing what others have said, this is the best lions concept i've ever seen here.

however, i like the first round of uniforms (sans white outlines) better. i love it when teams go with two-colour-only uniforms (raiders, USC, steelers throwbacks). the second lion is definitely an improvement.

awesome job.

I really like this concept. It takes the good things about the Lions' historic look and gets rid of the bad stuff.

One slight issue I have, however, is with the numbers. The logo and wordmark are all regal, but the digits are a standard varsity block. I wonder how a different number font would look, one that would match the rest of the uniform.

Still, this is quite good.

• 1 month later...
Food Lion can't hold a candle to this concept. I'm interested in a different # font as well, but I don't know what "more regal" translates to... Either way, nicely done.

maybe add some appearance of a claw to the paw and give the lion a little motion like the current helmet logo...I could also see an old english D patch on the front of the jersey even though it's a bit cliche

• 1 month later...

I love this concept. As one poster mentioned, it eliminates the bad parts of their current look while embellishing the good aspects. I'm not a Lions fan but I would rush to buy a Lions hat with that logo. Bad-ass.

I really like the concept. It's simple and that is good.

A couple things I would change or add would be to add the outline to both lions as well as to the word mark. Also maybe try adding the vertical stripes behind the lion to make it look even more like an updated throwback logo. Don't think I would change the uni's.

Anyways, great work.

:P

I've been hanging out on this board for quite some time and I think it's finally time for my first redesign. What better team for a Thanksgiving Day redesign than the Detroit Lions.

I'll get this started with the logo sheet. For the primary, I stuck with the silhouette, but took it to a slightly different place. I got away from the more realistic look that they have now and went toward a more stylized, 'regal' look. The new logo is somewhat of a re-imagining of the lion in this logo:

472.gif

As for the wordmark, I tried to clean up the one they use now and tweaked it to fit with my primary logo.

lions-logosheet.png

Next up: the uniforms. These were obviously inspired by the throwback duds the Lions have been sporting. I really wanted to keep it simple and clean.

lions-style-guide.png

C&C would be much appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

I don't know, maybe if you added some black trim :P

*I'm kidding*

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Archived