What's Your Favorite/Least Favorite NFL Helmet?

TC

Considering the team name, applying a logo willy-nilly on the helmet ain't that easy. What are you going to use, a contrived redo of the "CB" logo? A ridiculous bulldog head? Or how about the old Brownie elf? (that's probably not so bad).

Frankly, if you absolutely had to have something on the helmet, i'd go for Alabama-style player numbers.

First, despite what all the modernize/update crowd might like to think, there is no rule that says any football helmet requires any type of logo. The Browns helmet is just fine as it is. That said, I am with ferrousoxide66 on this one. If you have to have something (and there are days I wish they would throw something on there just to shut people up) then numbers are what it should be. The Browns alternate helmets looked great with the numbers.

God forbid that a team do something different in an era of uniform templates and logos designed to sell :censored:. :D

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll chime in on this one. As a huge Vikings fan (and season ticket holder), I have to say I love the Vikings helmets. I love the old Marshall-era helmets, but the shiny helmets and the modernization of the horn logo took a little getting used to, but I have to say it was a great move.

With the obvious exception of the Vikings, my favorite helmets are:

Chargers, Colts, Cardinals, Titans, Dolphins and Jets... something about white helmets that I think are great. The ultimate is Penn State.

I love the Browns, I agree that we wouldn't accept it from a new team, but I love the fact that it is classic and the only one of it's kind.

My other favorites are Bengals, Rams, Eagles because they didn't just slap the team's primary logo on the side of the helmet.

The Texans helmets are great too, but I liked the white mock-up the best. I also think one of the worst helmets in the NFL (the Bills) could improve instantaneously by going white.

The Browns are the polar opposite of the Bengals. No uniqueness, completely boring. They are last place for me.

No uniqueness? The are the ONLY team without an extraneous logo on their helmet,

Ah yes, the graphic that presents the team's identity to the world. Those logos sure are extraneous.

if anything, they are the benchmark of all that is unique as far as NFL helmets go.

There's traditional, and then there's old. The Browns helmet is a tired relic from the days before logos on helmets became the norm.

It's sort of like the grey facemask argument. Now that we have the technology to put a logo on there, why keep it blank?

Someone needs to tell the Browns they're playing in the pros, not the NCAA.

Considering the team name, applying a logo willy-nilly on the helmet ain't that easy. What are you going to use, a contrived redo of the "CB" logo? A ridiculous bulldog head? Or how about the old Brownie elf? (that's probably not so bad).

Frankly, if you absolutely had to have something on the helmet, i'd go for Alabama-style player numbers.

y7tf.png

Please, no.

Cincy. Lions would be second if they got rid of all the black.

I agree 100% the lions need to get rid of the black...NOW and make these they're new uni's w/o the black facemask:

Photo3_081127.jpg

blue or grey facemask would work

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

I agree 100% the lions need to get rid of the black...NOW and make these they're new uni's w/o the black facemask:

Photo3_081127.jpg

Why does everyone like those jerseys? They are cheap looking jerseys.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Photo3_081127.jpg

Why does everyone like those jerseys? They are cheap looking jerseys.

Agreed. Those are scrimmage material for a JV high school squad.

The Billy Sims era Lions unis. Best ever. Bar none.

Archived