Hockey Fights

TC

Okay, so if you are unaware, there is a site called http://www.hockeyfights.com. It basically catalogs every NHL hockey fight dating back several years. So I was wondering what the best hockey fight in recent years has been? What one has been your favorite? PLEASE DO NOT POST IF YOU ARE GOING TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT HOW YOU SHOULDN'T WATCH HOCKEY FOR THE FIGHTS. I don't watch it for the fights but they are a bonus to me.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

To be honest, the best hockey fight I've ever seen was Felix Potvin -vs- Ron Hextall all those years ago......

But to add a little to this, as much as I love hockey and have played since was I just a little kid, does it boggle anyone else's mind that hockey is the only sport where fighting is allowing with out any major penalties? I mean...not just 5 mins sitting out of the game?

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Fort Wayne Indiana. Toledo Goaldiggers vs. Fort Wayne Komets 1983 (I think.) IHL playoffs semi-finals. Bench clearing brawl. The teams went at it on the ice and the fans were fighting in the stands. All at the same time. One of the girls at the game with us was duking it out with a Fort Wayne fan. It was epic. Nothing like the old "Iron League." Quite a few future Minnesota North Stars played for the Goaldiggers at the time.

BB52Big.jpg

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/32846

To be honest this is the only fight I readily remember watching in person...and that is as much for the context surrounding the fight as the fight itself. Namely, Pittsburgh scoring, then Brashear losing fight at center ice = epic fail all around for the Caps.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived