Plaxico Burress Shoots Himself

njmeadowlanders

NYC steps over the second amendment at every opportunity and want to hang people for just carrying a gun.

No, they want to give a proper penalty (far short of hanging) for carrying an unlicensed gun in a place he wasn't allowed to have one--and for being irresponsible enough on top of all that, to have it go off.

Come on, Tank.

Well that's one thing to punish him, but three and a half years in prison come on?

What's Plax's record? Has he ever been arrested before.

I can understand a Probation Sentence. Unless he shot somebody else or threatened to shoot some one, he should not go to prison for a first offense.

The criminal law of the State of New York does not agree with you.

Imagine if someone else had been hit by the bullet. Considering Plax's recklessness with the gun it could easily have happened. Then he'd be in a whole lot more trouble then what he's in right now. He's lucky he's just getting hit with the possession charge for the unlicenced (read illegal) gun.

If someone else got hit then it would be a different story.

But should someone go to Prison for this, if it is his first offense?

Umm, yeah.

Suppose I walk up to your parents house and shoot one of them dead. I've never been arrested before. Do you think I should go to prison? It's my first offense.

Yeah you shot somebody

Plax shot himself.

What's the difference between a drunk over who gets pulled over for a DUI and a drunk driver who accidentally kills someone while driving drunk? The first one was lucky enough to get pulled over before killing someone That's it. Of course, they aren't prosecuted equally, but IMO they should be. Same here.

Off topic - I've always wondered why "attempted" murder is prosecuted differently than real murder. It's like rewarding someone for being too stupid to get the job done.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NYC steps over the second amendment at every opportunity and want to hang people for just carrying a gun.

No, they want to give a proper penalty (far short of hanging) for carrying an unlicensed gun in a place he wasn't allowed to have one--and for being irresponsible enough on top of all that, to have it go off.

Come on, Tank.

Well that's one thing to punish him, but three and a half years in prison come on?

I can understand a Probation Sentence. Unless he shot somebody else or threatened to shoot some one, he should not go to prison for a first offense.

Imagine if someone else had been hit by the bullet. Considering Plax's recklessness with the gun it could easily have happened. Then he'd be in a whole lot more trouble then what he's in right now. He's lucky he's just getting hit with the possession charge for the unlicenced (read illegal) gun.

Umm, yeah.

Suppose I walk up to your parents house and shoot one of them dead. I've never been arrested before. Do you think I should go to prison? It's my first offense.

Yeah you shot somebody

Plax shot himself.

What's the difference between a drunk over who gets pulled over for a DUI and a drunk driver who accidentally kills someone while driving drunk? The first one was lucky enough to get pulled over before killing someone That's it. Of course, they aren't prosecuted equally, but IMO they should be. Same here.

Off topic - I've always wondered why "attempted" murder is prosecuted differently than real murder. It's like rewarding someone for being too stupid to get the job done.

Again accidentally kill someone is a different story, if he is just a drunk driver and say only hurts himself, he would get probation and lose his driving license for a year at the worst.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Come on, Tank.

Umm, yeah.

Yeah you shot somebody

Plax shot himself.

Again accidentally kill someone is a different story, if he is just a drunk driver and say only hurts himself, he would get probation and lose his driving license for a year at the worst.

And that's a dumb law. You are endorsing punishment based on luck (or lack of luck.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Again, the reason you have to throw the book at someone is the grave direness of what could happen when you're behaving so recklessly. Whether it's a gun or a drunk driver, there's no reversing the death that could easily occur, intentional or not. It doesn't matter if the victim ultimately ends up being the drunk driver or gun carrier, or someone in their path. What you're punishing is the extreme negligence of a person who puts himself or others in serious danger, when it was completely avoidable.

Come on, Tank.

Umm, yeah.

Yeah you shot somebody

Plax shot himself.

And that's a dumb law. You are endorsing punishment based on luck (or lack of luck.)

If you feel that way, then all our laws are "dumb laws". Which might make a nifty bumper sticker but is lousy public policy.

The consequence of an illegal action is a factor in determining what the punishment ought to be. Not even that, but the identity of the victim can come into play - cop-killings carry a stiffer penalty than other murders, as do crimes against children.

So yes, if somebody commits a reckless act that does not involve a fatality they will receive a lighter punishment than the person who commits a reckless act that does.

Dumb luck? Dunno. Half of life is luck, after all.

If you feel that way, then all our laws are "dumb laws". Which might make a nifty bumper sticker but is lousy public policy.

The consequence of an illegal action is a factor in determining what the punishment ought to be. Not even that, but the identity of the victim can come into play - cop-killings carry a stiffer penalty than other murders, as do crimes against children.

So yes, if somebody commits a reckless act that does not involve a fatality they will receive a lighter punishment than the person who commits a reckless act that does.

Dumb luck? Dunno. Half of life is luck, after all.

If that's true, then I guess the I'm eventually due for a lot of lucky years in a row.

This man wore some sweatpants to the club.

Plaxico has got to be the dumbest dude in the world. YOU PUT A GUN IN SOME SWEATPANTS, BRUH?! :lol: And wore some sweatpants TO THE CLUB! DUDE! :lol:

Plaxico has got to be the dumbest dude in the world. YOU PUT A GUN IN SOME SWEATPANTS, BRUH?! :lol: And wore some sweatpants TO THE CLUB! DUDE! :lol:

Any club with a dress code that allows SWEATPANTS is not a club anyone should want to be in...

Suspend the man on the basis of that stupidity alone...

Yeah, I didn't understand that, either. He needed the weapon because he was all blinged out with jewelry, but wore sweat pants to go with it? Puzzling.

Any club with a dress code that allows SWEATPANTS is not a club anyone should want to be in...

I was thinking the same thing. What kind of club doesn't have a dress code. Even if they let you in wearing sweatpants you'd probably be laughed out of the place anyway.

I was thinking the same thing. What kind of club doesn't have a dress code. Even if they let you in wearing sweatpants you'd probably be laughed out of the place anyway.

I guess that's a lot of why I'm not the club-going type. I have no interest in places where image is so important.

Exactly. Let some average joe walk NEAR a club in some sweatpants. The bouncer would have him out in probably the most hurried manner ever.

You get better mileage from a lapdance that way, son.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I'll be damned if I haven't worn shorts a few times, for the same reason. Is Latin Quarter a strip club? All the media are just calling it a "nightclub". Funny how they always explicitly call it a strip club though, when Pacman is involved.

I'll be damned if I haven't worn shorts a few times, for the same reason. Is Latin Quarter a strip club? All the media are just calling it a "nightclub". Funny how they always explicitly call it a strip club though, when Pacman is involved.

Maybe because Pacman's been caught in strip clubs.

Latin Quarter is a restaurant/lounge/nightclub.

Again, the reason you have to throw the book at someone is the grave direness of what could happen when you're behaving so recklessly. Whether it's a gun or a drunk driver, there's no reversing the death that could easily occur, intentional or not. It doesn't matter if the victim ultimately ends up being the drunk driver or gun carrier, or someone in their path. What you're punishing is the extreme negligence of a person who puts himself or others in serious danger, when it was completely avoidable.

in my opinion (this comes from a strict non drinker) if you drive drunk you are intending to kill someone or yourself. if you get home without doing either, it is blind luck.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

A couple of years ago, a few of us were going to a gentlemen's club after work. Not a "high class" joint, but not ghetto either. Anyway, one guy says he brought a change of clothes and wants to get changed. He attempted to enter the club wearing a t-shirt (no problems), sneakers (again, no problems), and Champion® mesh shorts (big problem!)

He joined us about 15 minutes later... back in his work attire.

You can find me in the club, bottle full of bub'...in a pair of sweatpants and you know I got my gun...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived