Tampa State University

raysox

Hey guys. I bit on doing chickenfish's College Sports Project. I decided to name my team the Tampa State Manatees. To the logos. I wanted to use colours that represent the state of Florida. So I used the colours from the Clearwater Threshers. A red, Blue, and Sand combo. Here's the Logos.

LogoSet.png

I'll go in order as I did them. I started with football. Nothing special, I used the Manatees script across the front, true college team style. So here this is.

Fooball.png

Next I did basketball. I used a simple pattern.

Basketball.png

continued next post...

There is a glaring problem with your alternate football uniform...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Next I did baseball. I made the road jersey tan. I also made the alternate, like the MLB's BP uniforms.

Baseball.png

I only had to do 3 sports, but I didn't stop there. I did 5. Soccer and Hockey. For soccer, I added a new logo, a crest to fit most soccer logos. I also used boating flag patterns in the logo.

Soccer.png

Last is for hockey. This is my least favorite one. Just seems boring to me. I didn't know what else to add. So make suggestions.

Hockey.png

This wraps up my little project, I might do more in the future. C&C please

the neck hole...ah ill fix it

I missed that. Make that two problems.

Think about how they would look on an actual player when viewed from the side.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

the fact that the jersey, and pants stripes are different colours?

if thats not it im clueless

Bingo!

6fQjS3M.png

You already posted all of these in the College Sports project, there is no need to make another thread

After reading this, I should probably post this in the other thread. But, in case this thread lives on, here ya go...

I think the soccer concept looks like it's geared for professional soccer and not college soccer. In fact it almost looks like a concept for Real Salt Lake. Mind you this is not commentary on the design, or the execution, just the intention of using it for a college team.

Untitled-1-1.gif

Sig by TalktoChuck

Yes, that's it.

Actually, now that I look for more than a second, the home set has a similar issue. This is the problem with using colored side panels / piping. Look at the New England Patriots and Denver Broncos as examples on how to do this right. The panel and piping must be consistent from jersey to pant, or it just looks sloppy and unprofessional.

There are several ways you can pull this off. One way, assuming you only want one pant, is to have a navy panel on all three jerseys with the tan piping. The pants would only have the wide panel, because the tan piping would just blend into the pants. There are a couple of other ways to pull this off, but I think that's the easiest.

Yes, that's it.

Actually, now that I look for more than a second, the home set has a similar issue. This is the problem with using colored side panels / piping. Look at the New England Patriots and Denver Broncos as examples on how to do this right. The panel and piping must be consistent from jersey to pant, or it just looks sloppy and unprofessional.

There are several ways you can pull this off. One way, assuming you only want one pant, is to have a navy panel on all three jerseys with the tan piping. The pants would only have the wide panel, because the tan piping would just blend into the pants. There are a couple of other ways to pull this off, but I think that's the easiest.

Of course, my issue with the Pats' jerseys is the side panels don't match up.

6fQjS3M.png

Yes they do?

Not quite. The pants appear to have an additional red stripe.

Randy_Moss.jpg

I think that there is thin red piping on the jersey panel, so technically both pieces have thick blue stripes bordered by red and white (in the jersey's case, it's just a lot of white.) You could argue that the widths are messed up, and I'd agree with you (or at least in that picture that you posted - I haven't noticed it being that bad before.)

IMO the pants can contain extra stripes without messing up the look, as long as whatever is started on the jersey is continued down. So in this case, if there wasn't red piping around the navy panel on the jersey, I'd still say that it's OK (except for the possible width issue.)

Yes they do?

Not quite. The pants appear to have an additional red stripe.

Randy_Moss.jpg

It's tough to see, and not as think.. but the red stripe is there.

redstripe.png

• 4 weeks later...

Archived