Battle Red on Monday Night Football

mmejia

Last year they killed Denver in primetime with those jerseys, so maybe they can do it again?

Also last year I oddly remember there was an ad on this before that game that appeared on this site that showed a pregame party which Halliburton was sponsoring

It appears to be more than just the pre-game party:

mnf_splash3.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be a battle tonight, of "first-time" 2008 regular season looks.

Texans in all red and Jags in all white.

Maybe Dull Rio, lets the Jags break out the teal pants this year (hoping), since they aren't wearing the black jersey this year. I bet they would look cool, with the white jersey's, every-once-in-a-while. They would look very "Titans-esque", with their current road look.

It will be a battle tonight, of "first-time" 2008 regular season looks.

Texans in all red and Jags in all white.

Maybe Dull Rio, lets the Jags break out the teal pants this year (hoping), since they aren't wearing the black jersey this year. I bet they would look cool, with the white jersey's, every-once-in-a-while. They would look very "Titans-esque", with their current road look.

How so? The Jags use a dark helmet while the titts use a white helmet. It would be a top heavy look while the titans are a more balanced uniform

PvO6ZWJ.png

How so? The Jags use a dark helmet while the titts use a white helmet. It would be a top heavy look while the titans are a more balanced uniform

Titans primary road uniform- white jersey, navy blue numbers, light blue pants, navy blue socks, white shoes.

Jags road uniform (if they ever wore teal pants)- white jersey, black numbers, solid teal pants, black socks, black shoes.

So, you would have dark (navy and black) numbers, with pants (light blue and teal) that have some similarities, and socks (navy and black) that are dark. Compare the 2 teams, and it actually would look similar in many ways. And, there isn't a huge difference between light blue and teal.

Yes, the helmets would be different, but I think, with the Jags, the black helmet would combine well, with the black numbers, black socks and black shoes, and the teal pants would really "pop", and give the Jags a unique look, to anyone else in the league. It would also, be a nice change-up to the usual Jags road look, which basically just uses 2 colors (black and white).

And, no, I would not be a fan of all teal. All black works, and works for the Jags. But, all teal, would not be an option.

The Jags would look fantastic in teal road pants, just as they look fantastic with black home pants. I could do without the black jerseys.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Jags would look fantastic in teal road pants, just as they look fantastic with black home pants. I could do without the black jerseys.

I agree with every word you just said. Teal tops with black pants is my favorite Jag look. I am also really happy they ditched the blacks. Teal pants would be something I would have to see in person. I really love the idea of teal pants on the road.

I agree with every word you just said. Teal tops with black pants is my favorite Jag look. I am also really happy they ditched the blacks. Teal pants would be something I would have to see in person. I really love the idea of teal pants on the road.

:shocked:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just watch - the Texans will undergo some horrific redesign and then they'll start winning.

Their normal set is one of the best looks in the league. Shame they have to foul it up with the monochrome red. I hope they lose tonight.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Titans primary road uniform- white jersey, navy blue numbers, light blue pants, navy blue socks, white shoes.

Jags road uniform (if they ever wore teal pants)- white jersey, black numbers, solid teal pants, black socks, black shoes.

So, you would have dark (navy and black) numbers, with pants (light blue and teal) that have some similarities, and socks (navy and black) that are dark. Compare the 2 teams, and it actually would look similar in many ways. And, there isn't a huge difference between light blue and teal.

Yes, the helmets would be different, but I think, with the Jags, the black helmet would combine well, with the black numbers, black socks and black shoes, and the teal pants would really "pop", and give the Jags a unique look, to anyone else in the league. It would also, be a nice change-up to the usual Jags road look, which basically just uses 2 colors (black and white).

And, no, I would not be a fan of all teal. All black works, and works for the Jags. But, all teal, would not be an option.

I'm not denying that teal pants would look good, but there's nothing titan-esque to me about the Jaguars in teal pants. That's all.

As far as this uniform matchup, I really don't like the Texans using red pants. Most of the time they're primarily blue with red as a small accent color and here red's outta control. I think if they must wear a red jersey the best look they could do would be the combination of blue helmet-red jersey-blue pants-red socks. That would look great IMO. Jacksonville looks good. The striping scheme on the pants now matches the numbers. The old pants with the black numbers looked off and they fixed it here. In summary, Jacksonville looks good, Houston looks bad.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Jags look better with the white pants with the white jerseys. A lot better than those awful black pants.

Except no gold outline on the pants (as there is on the jersey) makes it look completely mismatched....and likely the reason they don't wear this setup much.

Just watch - the Texans will undergo some horrific redesign and then they'll start winning.

Their normal set is one of the best looks in the league. Shame they have to foul it up with the monochrome red. I hope they lose tonight.

Well, in "Battle Red," they've now won twice, and convincingly. They keep this up and they might start to believe that this "Battle Red" look has good luck in it like that other Texas NFL team.

Personaly, the Battle Red isnt bad....it would just look better with blue socks.

NYCdog.png

The Jags look better with the white pants with the white jerseys. A lot better than those awful black pants.

Except no gold outline on the pants (as there is on the jersey) makes it look completely mismatched....and likely the reason they don't wear this setup much.

Huh? Look at the picture a couple posts above. There are clearly gold stripes on the pants between the black and teal stripes.
OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived