Battle Red on Monday Night Football

mmejia

I like the idea of red pants, but couldn't they match it up with another jersey? I think white on red would look good. Maybe they could try navy on red.

The Texan's uniforms are good. It's actually unique too, for an NFL (MLB and NBA are a different story) team: navy, red, and white.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually like the all-red look the Texans are wearing. I'm not sure why, but it doesn't look bad to me like most other "blood clot" uniforms.

Me too, I love the all red look.

It looked great on the field tonight.

2ly2w09.jpg

The Jags look better with the white pants with the white jerseys. A lot better than those awful black pants.

Except no gold outline on the pants (as there is on the jersey) makes it look completely mismatched....and likely the reason they don't wear this setup much.

Huh? Look at the picture a couple posts above. There are clearly gold stripes on the pants between the black and teal stripes.

My bad....although it took me to go to another set of pictures to see the thin gold line...certainly watching the game on TV its not noticeable, certainly not as noticeable as the thicker border around the name and numbers.

The Jags look better with the white pants with the white jerseys. A lot better than those awful black pants.

Except no gold outline on the pants (as there is on the jersey) makes it look completely mismatched....and likely the reason they don't wear this setup much.

Huh? Look at the picture a couple posts above. There are clearly gold stripes on the pants between the black and teal stripes.

My bad....although it took me to go to another set of pictures to see the thin gold line...certainly watching the game on TV its not noticeable, certainly not as noticeable as the thicker border around the name and numbers.

And this exchange right here illustrates my entire issue with the current Jagua--'scuse me--Blaguars' road setup.

All you see from a distance is BLACK.

I caught a couple shots of this game as it was playing on TV, and I kept thinking to myself, "The Jaguars have really lost all of their identity". Look it--just some team wearing black. The gold and teal trim are virtually invisible from about 50 meters and out...and those colors, as much as the black if not more so, defined who the Jaguars were ever since they first came out in '95! Now, the only way one can really tell if the team is the Jaguars is by recognizing their number font.

Tonight really just sealed the deal for me with this whole "Blaguars" thing. AND, to make matters worse, the teal on the pants stripe is actually a good bit visible...not that's about the ONLY teal that's visually evident without looking at it up close. It's sickening to me as a fan of the team (and, up until about three or four years ago, their identity).

HOWEVUH...since many people have speculated how the Blaguars might look with teal pants, even if they absolutely must insist on keeping the black numbers, I feel like now is a good time to bring this photo back out of my Photoshop Phantasies vault:

JAXjaguars.jpg

Enjoy.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Just watch - the Texans will undergo some horrific redesign and then they'll start winning.

Their normal set is one of the best looks in the league. Shame they have to foul it up with the monochrome red. I hope they lose tonight.

Well, in "Battle Red," they've now won twice, and convincingly. They keep this up and they might start to believe that this "Battle Red" look has good luck in it like that other Texas NFL team.

Personaly, the Battle Red isnt bad....it would just look better with blue socks.

They're 7-2 overall in the red jerseys, 2-0 in head-to-toe red. The only 2 losses came in the year they went 2-14.

The Battle Red is a nice gimmick they like to use once a year. One of the Jacksonville players got angry about it a couple of years ago, likening Battle Red Day to the equivalent of a Homecoming game, and that Jacksonville was being disrespected (Houston has worn red in the home game against Jacksonville every year for the last 5 years). Houston is 4-1 in those games, so whatever works.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

And this exchange right here illustrates my entire issue with the current Jagua--'scuse me--Blaguars' road setup.

All you see from a distance is BLACK.

I caught a couple shots of this game as it was playing on TV, and I kept thinking to myself, "The Jaguars have really lost all of their identity". Look it--just some team wearing black. The gold and teal trim are virtually invisible from about 50 meters and out...and those colors, as much as the black if not more so, defined who the Jaguars were ever since they first came out in '95! Now, the only way one can really tell if the team is the Jaguars is by recognizing their number font.

Tonight really just sealed the deal for me with this whole "Blaguars" thing. AND, to make matters worse, the teal on the pants stripe is actually a good bit visible...not that's about the ONLY teal that's visually evident without looking at it up close. It's sickening to me as a fan of the team (and, up until about three or four years ago, their identity).

HOWEVUH...since many people have speculated how the Blaguars might look with teal pants, even if they absolutely must insist on keeping the black numbers, I feel like now is a good time to bring this photo back out of my Photoshop Phantasies vault:

JAXjaguars.jpg

Enjoy.

Nah. One fat black stripe bordered by gold would be good. I never understood why they went the double-stripe route with their black pants*, and I don't think they should do it with their teal.

*yes, I know they eventually dropped the stripes all together, which sucks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If they put on blue pants, they'd look decent. If they had on white pants, it'd be a certified winner. The all red is just bad looking.

Up until last season, the Texans "battle red" look was red on white. It looked great and the fans loved it. It did look like the Falcons, though.

Texans-Sideline-Defense-500.jpg

MichaelVick1a.jpg

The all red thing was gimmicky and they fell for it. With the Texans winning two nationally televised games in an all red look, you can bet they will keep it going for some time.

Just watch - the Texans will undergo some horrific redesign and then they'll start winning.

Their normal set is one of the best looks in the league. Shame they have to foul it up with the monochrome red. I hope they lose tonight.

Well, in "Battle Red," they've now won twice, and convincingly. They keep this up and they might start to believe that this "Battle Red" look has good luck in it like that other Texas NFL team.

Personaly, the Battle Red isnt bad....it would just look better with blue socks.

They're 7-2 overall in the red jerseys, 2-0 in head-to-toe red. The only 2 losses came in the year they went 2-14.

The Battle Red is a nice gimmick they like to use once a year. One of the Jacksonville players got angry about it a couple of years ago, likening Battle Red Day to the equivalent of a Homecoming game, and that Jacksonville was being disrespected (Houston has worn red in the home game against Jacksonville every year for the last 5 years). Houston is 4-1 in those games, so whatever works.

But at least 2 of those games again the Jags were late in the season with the Jags scrubs in. So that helps bump up the record

I have to echo what most others are saying. The Texans have a great logo and colors...but they misuse them lately with monochromes and leotard socks. Way to go from one of the best to one of the worst.

KISSwall09.jpg

I may be the 0.1% of people who like the Texans in all red. It's not that it looks good, but I like when teams change it up. Now, if teams pulled stunts like this every other week my opinion would be the exact opposite. And no matter how ugly a team may look in a rare monochrome setup, it usually pumps up the crowd.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

Nah. One fat black stripe bordered by gold would be good. I never understood why they went the double-stripe route with their black pants*, and I don't think they should do it with their teal.

I think most regulars on this board know that the Jags have had Teal pants available to wear - but have never worn them. Here are the two styles that have been deemed "official":

JacksonvilleJaguars_TealPantsCompare_TEX.gif

I think most regulars on this board know that the Jags have had Teal pants available to wear - but have never worn them. Here are the two styles that have been deemed "official":

I'm confused, do those pants actually, physically exist...or is just on paper?

I don't know. They're in the official NFL Style Guide, but have never been worn. I have no idea if they are actually physically produced or not.

It's the old - "if a tree falls in a forest, and there is no one around - does it make a sound?" arguement.

This is a little unrelated but I'll ask anyways... While on Ebay I saw a Priest Holmes variant McFarlane figure wearing the Chiefs' red jersey and red pants. Does anybody happen to know if the KC Chiefs have actually ever worn an all red set? Or is that just an excuse to make a rare figure?

I don't know. They're in the official NFL Style Guide, but have never been worn. I have no idea if they are actually physically produced or not.

Given the direction the Jags are going (black/gold), it seems like their teal pants may never see the light of day -- But keep in mind, the Browns kept those brown pants of theirs tucked away in the cellar for a couple years before BOOM! they show up outta nowhere this preseason.

6uXNWAo.png

I actually kind of like the red-on-red look. I just wish they would've worn blue socks. In many cases, I like monochrome...it's when the socks are the same color that makes it look the worst. There are some exceptions, of course, but as a whole, I've got no problem with monochrome(not every game, but sparingly).

Archived