UFL unveils logo, launches site

Jezus_Ghoti

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People on the internets have starting calling the UFL logo a "clam eating a starfish".

:lol:

I wish I'd thought of it.

Clam eating a starfish...Was the logo designer a shower guard inside a women's prison?

bYhYmxh.png

Here's an idea - go old school. Let the teams play for a season without nicknames, and let their identities evolve - like back in the day. Eventually a nickname will catch on, and they can go with that. They can still market their state / city gear during the season. It's a new league with a lot working against it - they need to take a chance.

I'm not sure if there could be any legal issues though - like what if a newspaper writer claims that he came up with the name? If they could get crap like that worked out in advance, I think this is the way to go rather than have a focus group come up with a nickname that gets forced down people's throats.

The AAFL tried that. Remember the branding disaster that was?

Why doesn't Birmingham or Memphis have a team?

They've shown they can do well with other "minor-pro" leagues before, so I think they should be first in line!

If there are no owners, there will be no teams.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

the UFL wont last long.

That's the spirit. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure Orlando will be given some sort of generic name along the lines of the Rage and Thunder. Unfortunately Orlando isn't known for much, outside of the area, other than Disney World.

I submitted Orlando Thrillers as a nod to the theme parks. Don't forget Universal is there as well.

BB52Big.jpg

the UFL wont last long.

That's the spirit. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure Orlando will be given some sort of generic name along the lines of the Rage and Thunder. Unfortunately Orlando isn't known for much, outside of the area, other than Disney World.

I submitted Orlando Thrillers as a nod to the theme parks. Don't forget Universal is there as well.

I like your line of thinking, but I'm not a big fan of the name.

I could go for something along the lines of Droost's suggestion (Rhinos). It has nothing to do with Orlando, but it is "tough" sounding, and there is a precedent for teams being named after animals/warriors/mythical figures not native to their hometowns (e.g. Jaguars, Lions, Titans, Giants, Knights, etc.)

Untitled-1-1.gif

Sig by TalktoChuck

They've shown they can do well with other "minor-pro" leagues before, so I think they should be first in line!

Two words: Antiquated Facilities

Still, they've been there to support their top-minor football teams (WFL, USFL, WLAF, CFL-USA, and XFL). That alone is reason they should be included this time around.

After all, the third city in that "triad", Orlando, is being looked at.

bYhYmxh.png

Still, they've been there to support their top-minor football teams (WFL, USFL, WLAF, CFL-USA, and XFL). That alone is reason they should be included this time around.

You mean this building that is slated for massive renovations in a year or two?

Also...#27 MSA vs. #41 (Memphis) and #47 (Birmingham)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• 2 weeks later...

I submitted: Romans, Gamblers/Romans, Orcas, Sentinels, Mobsters, PonyExpress, Whales.

LA Romans (play at coliseum, LA HS is Romans, would have to talk with them) otherwise any number of Sharks: BlueSharks, TigerSharks, Makos, ReefSharks, CoralSharks, etc etc. Steal a great USFL name Breakers maybe.

LV Gamblers Romans(tie in to Ceasers)

Orlando Orcas(killer whales at theme park)

SF Sentinels(easier to say then Gargoyles?) SeaLions

NY Mobsters(Dons just as good or MobBosses)

Utah PonyExpress(didn't they ride through on way to coast?)

Hartford Whales(not Whalers, to keep Peta at bay)

You mean this building that is slated for massive renovations in a year or two?

Also...#27 MSA vs. #41 (Memphis) and #47 (Birmingham)

True, but Orlando potentially has a backup stadium close by at UCF, Bright House Networks Stadium.

Archived