Jack in the Box testing new logo

Waffles

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it alot, but not for Jack In The Box. It's just too slick. The name Jack In The Box lends itself a more playful identity like they had before. It looks like it should be for some coffee shop or something instead.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I did see the sscripted "Jack" logo in San Diego as early as this past January, but the one from the story is just a modern version of one which they had in the mid-80's, but Jack was more circus, less business. You could see it a lot in the movie, "Teen Wolf" when they were van surfing.

It almost looks like they're basing the font for "Jack" off the signature of their "founder."

Vast improvement, though. I think they've had the same logo for at least 25 years. How it survived the transition through the "Jack" ad campaign is beyond me.

VmWIn6B.png

if it ain't broke, why fix it? the new logo just doesn't say fast-food to me...it says "we aren't a very nice restaurant but somewhere in between" and no matter if they are trying to say that, it isn't true. their current logo is simple and says fast food or cheap food establishment. if they went with the 3-d cube idea, i'd at least want them to stick with a similar font.

Hmm... I really don't like the angle of the cube. I keep looking at it and 50% of the time I see a cube that only shows two faces, but the other half of the time I'm seeing a half red, half maroon hexagon. Another thing that I'm having trouble coming to terms with is the fact that a cube is a 3-dimensional object and "Jack" can be seen as 3-D if you're viewing the cube as a whole, but if you keep seeing the 2-D hexagon, "Jack" looks off-centered.

It's like the box is supposed to be 3D, but the "Jack" is 2D. It just doesn't look right.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived