2009 Minor-League Baseball Logo Unveilings

Brian in Boston

Mahoning Valley Scrappers - Wednesday, December 3rd @ 3:00 PM (EST)

Avon, Ohio Pro Baseball - Thursday, December 4th @ 1:00 PM (EST)

Winston-Salem Warthogs - Thursday, December 4th @ 12:25 PM (EST)

Lowell Spinners - Friday, December 5th @ 6:00 PM (EST)

Buffalo Bisons - Tuesday, December 16th

Charlotte Stone Crabs - Wednesday, December 17th @ 5:00 PM (EST)

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get waaaaaay more geeked up for MiLB unveilings than for any other sports league. This is going to be quite a week.

I'm asking y'all now. Provide links to vectors please. :)

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Whoa, the spinners too? nice!

Don't they have this program where they send Spinners caps & jerseys to Little League teams in New England (to replace all the "Yankees" apparel and avoid complaints from kids)?

Can't wait to see what the new duds are looking like!

bYhYmxh.png

Is it just me, or does the chain seem to underline the word "crap"?

I now cannot look at anything else in that logo without seeing this. Amazing...and not in a good way.

And why is "Mahoning Valley" floating above the cardinal red outline? Is it really that hard to encapsulate the city name in the primary logo?

Cards.png

"The Dash" has been trademarked by Winston-Salem.

Pretty cool..."The Dash" is an old nickname for the city of Winston-Salem...so "Winston-Salem Dash" would kinda be like the Philadelphia Phillies.

But on the other hand, their MLB affiliate is the White Sox...

bYhYmxh.png

While I greatly appreciate the cleaner rendering of mascot Scrappy's head and face in Mahoning Valley's new logos, I have to say that the overall identity package leaves me cold.

I'm not a fan of the new primary logo, wherein - as previously pointed out - Scrappy's chain serves to draw focus to the word segment "CRAP". Not the sort of subliminal messaging a sports franchise wants to be engaging in. I also don't like how said chain is abruptly truncated under the "C" in "SCRAPPERS". I also don't find the more realistic rendering of Scrappy's body to be as satisfying an image as that of the previously anthropomorphic mascot's winding-up and preparing to deliver a pitch.

The less said about the "Teeth" cap idea the better. IMHO, it is a miserable concept.

Overall, I give it a C-... barely.

Is it just me, or does the chain seem to underline the word "crap"?

I was gonna post a reasoning for that...

... but I couldn't stop laughing my @$$ off! :lol:

In this day and age of logo design, how the hell do you miss something like that?

Can't wait for the fans to chant: "Let's Go Crap" :D

I noticed this on the Spinners website:

2009powerpack.jpg

Don't remember seeing that "S-bat" logo before. Must be part of the modernization of the Spinners logo that had been mentioned by the team.

I hope not, Lowell and Worcester are not that far away

13b1941eb5df67b9c185cfd450ccfe8d.300.jpg

I know they are different and two different twists, but the Worcester Tornadoes do a lot better job with it.

Archived