2009 Minor-League Baseball Logo Unveilings

Brian in Boston

The fitted yellow caps can still be found on the Biscuits' site. Why anyone would need another navy blue cap is beyond me.

Yellow is the home cap. The old navy road cap had the biscuit logo on it.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish they also sold the navy hat with the "M" on it. The only version they sell of it now is the "Franchise" version of it.

I think the reason why they went with the "B" logo for this year is the team store carried a navy "Franchise" hat with that logo, and it quickly became a best seller. I seem to remember this because I remember seeing in on their site last season, and it was mentioned as their best selling hat. Honestly, I believe that it is a huge upgrade over the old hat with "Monty" on it. I hated that logo.

I think the reason why they went with the "B" logo for this year is the team store carried a navy "Franchise" hat with that logo, and it quickly became a best seller. I seem to remember this because I remember seeing in on their site last season, and it was mentioned as their best selling hat.

You may be right. I wonder if it was also a consideration that the simpler B logo is easier to reproduce for youth-league caps than the Monty logo, making the Biscuits more viable as a little league uniform for leagues that use minor, not major, team names.

20082614447.png

The fitted yellow caps can still be found on the Biscuits' site. Why anyone would need another navy blue cap is beyond me.

Yellow is the home cap. The old navy road cap had the biscuit logo on it.

I was referring more to the "I gotta get me a new Biscuits cap!" folks. I'd wager half the caps that some of us already wear are Navy, why add another to the pile when that yellow one is absolutely amazing?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Now, I get your point.

Actually, the main reason why the Biscuits wear a yellow hat at home is because they are the only team in the minors that wears a yellow game hat.

Which doesn't make it any less awesome.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived