2009 Minor-League Baseball Logo Unveilings

Brian in Boston

I noticed this on the Spinners website:

2009powerpack.jpg

Don't remember seeing that "S-bat" logo before. Must be part of the modernization of the Spinners logo that had been mentioned by the team.

I hope not, Lowell and Worcester are not that far away

13b1941eb5df67b9c185cfd450ccfe8d.300.jpg

I know they are different and two different twists, but the Worcester Tornadoes do a lot better job with it.

Worcester had a great chance to have an extremely memorable name by going with "Twisters", but dropped the ball.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scrappers logo PDF: http://www.mvscrappers.com/uploads/documents/logos.pdf (in full vector glory and password unprotected!)

Looks like the "use part of the face as a hat" trend is marching right along...

After looking at all tehe logos Im ashamed at Plan B Branding from doing such a great job on the Threshers and others to put out this kind of sloppy unprofessional work.

OK, we should be expecting the Avon name & logo any minute (I want the Woolies! I want the Woolies!)

Also, sometime later, expect the new Winston-Salem name & logo to come out (Dash would be cool)

bYhYmxh.png

OK, we should be expecting the Avon name & logo any minute (I want the Woolies! I want the Woolies!)

Barring a surprise, don't get your hopes up about the Woollies.

Avon Baseball L.L.C. has had Lake Erie Crushers registered with the USPTO since November 19, 2008. It could be a smokescreen, but I'm thinking that it is the actual choice.

Avon Baseball L.L.C. has had Lake Erie Crushers registered with the USPTO since November 19, 2008. It could be a smokescreen, but I'm thinking that it is the actual choice.

Avon isn't in Lake County. It's in Lorain County.

I think you mean the Lorain County Crushers or the Lake Erie Crushers...which one?

bYhYmxh.png

Avon isn't in Lake County. It's in Lorain County.

I think you mean the Lorain County Crushers or the Lake Erie Crushers...which one?

Lake Erie Crushers.

While I like the reference to an old nickname for Winston-Salem, "The Dash", I find the "element of speed in the game of baseball" justification a bit heavy-handed.

I was also fearing that with such a justification linked to the name that we'd be subjected to a logo that primarily consisted of an italicized wordmark with some trailing speed lines and clouds of dust meant to imply "dash"-ing. Bingo! As an added bonus, we get an anthropomorphic baseball gritting its "teeth" and furrowing its stitched "eyebrow".

Meh. I'm singularly unimpressed. While he name is tied to the city, I think it backs you into a corner graphically, resulting in what I consider to be a rather pedestrian logo.

I was no huge fan of the Winston-Salem Warthogs identity, but I find this to be a downgrade.

Grade: D

As a lifetime resident of Winston-Salem(although Im in college at App State currently) and knowing the tradition and history of Winston-Salem Baseball, I had high hopes for this rebranding. This logo is a joke. Purple and red, seriously? They could have done so much better

BTW other finalist names were Aviators(Aviation History and Peidmont Airlines), Racers(Stock Car History), and Rhinos(???????). I dont think Ive seen those posted on here before

As a lifetime resident of Winston-Salem(although Im in college at App State currently) and knowing the tradition and history of Winston-Salem Baseball, I had high hopes for this rebranding. This logo is a joke. Purple and red, seriously? They could have done so much better

BTW other finalist names were Aviators(Aviation History and Peidmont Airlines), Racers(Stock Car History), and Rhinos(???????). I dont think Ive seen those posted on here before

The Rhinos was for the owner Billy Primm who was the former owner and founder of Blue Rhino (the propane gas company)

Wallbangers was another finalist.

miamihurricanes.jpghurricaness.jpg

The Rhinos was for the owner Billy Primm who was the former owner and founder of Blue Rhino (the propane gas company)

Thanks for that correction Engus. I didnt know that. That would make sense as I believe the offices for his Primo Water is in the old Blue Rhino offices on Country Club across from Jonestown

Thanks for that correction Engus. I didnt know that. That would make sense as I believe the offices for his Primo Water is in the old Blue Rhino offices on Country Club across from Jonestown

Yes, Primm made some lame joke as he got on stage about drink some "refreshing Promo Water"

miamihurricanes.jpghurricaness.jpg

Archived