Avalanche Vs. Canucks

See Red

damn straight, skater. Worrell is the man. Like in the Flames game where the player taunted the Avs bench... not long after, Worrell had him in the fetal position after 2 punches. I've been waiting for the nhl.com to get some Worrell Alternate jerseys in the adult sizes.

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is one of those situation where had the players been able to deal with this in the game where Naslund was hurt, via a fight or something, it might not have come to this...but they can't go after him, becasue of the instigator, and now we have this, a guy face down in a pool of blood

I've just seen the game, delayed here in Aus, and I am a Canucks fan.

That out of the way, there's no way to defend what Bertuzzi did, just stupid macho bravado "don't turn away from me kid" stuff.

It looked to me as though Bertuzzi wanted to fight Moore, Moore made to skate away from it and Bertuzzi nailed him.

Again, there's no way to defend that.

But aren't we being a bit hypocritical to suggest the only fair way of retribution is for Peter Worrell to go and do the same thing?

"You can't do that, what a terrible thing to do, so I'll do it to you"?????

With Matthew Barnaby coming in, maybe Worrell might not even play.

And the Canucks, probably without Bertuzzi from now on, and Jovo just starting to skate, will they hold off the lower placed teams and their signings?

For me, this is the beginning of the end of the Canucks season.

I wouldn't be surprised if they fnished the season like last year and missed the playoffs. 11 points clear of LA with 2 games in hand, they're not in the Playoffs yet.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

As an Avalanche fan, the Canucks have surpassed the Red Wings as my least favorite team.  In the time we've played the Canucks, i've seen that they are a flatout cheap team.  They deserve to be stuck in a division in which they can't win because one team (Avs) is just too strong.

As a Red Wings fan, the Canucks have surpassed the Avalanche as my least favorite team. With the Wings and Avs, you can pretty much count on a well-played game with some great hockey. You never know what you'll get with the Canucks. The Wings have lost three players to injury (Hatcher, Zetterberg and Chelios) in games against Vancouver this year. Hard to see it as a coincidence.

And Crawford and Burke bitch about everything, any chance they get. Just shut the hell up and play the game.

i tell ya what, i didn't see the game cus they didn't show it here. i'll probably see what went down later today...i wanna judge for myself, but this sounds worse than the McSorely incident.

and regarding the instigator rule, it wasn't needed in the first place. you got guys taking cheap shots cus they know anyone who responds by way of fist has a choice: drop the gloves or not get ejected. mostly, the latter's chosen, which opens up the possibility for more cheap shots.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Bertuzzi is lucky he did not kill Moore hitting someone like that in the back of the head can be fatal.

The league should really come down hard on him, and assult charges should be considered.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Betuuzzi WILL be gone the rest of the season, and some of next season if they play.

Moore's conditions is the following: Cracked Vertibrae, Severe Concussion.

And the thing with Worrell, I would't want him to cheapshot Bertuzzi, I wanted him to drop the gloves, go face to face with him and knock him the F@#$ out. But that's not going to happen, seing as Betuzzi is gone for the remainder of the season.

And the crap with Detroit, I'm not surprised, Vacouver has become one very dirty team, like the Oakland Raiders of the 70's.

Lastly, I hope Naslund leaves the team, I know what type of sportsmanship he has and he wont put up with that kind of crap.

No, Toronto has the title of dirtiest team latley, and no one holds a candle to the Flyers in the 1970's. That one thing of them brutalizing UCKA in the NHL-Soviet challenge will forever be etched in my mind.

I really like Bertuzzi, love his style of play. This just made me sad. Mostly for Moore, he didn't deserve it.

Anyway, Intheend, Todd was using Gordie Howe theory: Serve the dish cold....

Well, Domi in the NJ series 3 years ago and just about everyone in the Islanders series 2 years ago helped get the rep.

But, the torch may have been passed....

Yeah, that was a while ago... they seemed to have smartened up a bit (I said seemed to have :P )

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

I saw the incident, and It was viscous.... did the other teamamtes continue to beat him? They cut off the clip too soon.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

If i'm the ref... i let things take care of themselves.. i remove the injured player form harms way, and let his teammates lay down some justice.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Bertuzzi should not be able to touch the ice again. It is time the NHL takes a hard stand on these type incedents. It gives the league a bad name. Hokcey is a safe sports when played right, even with fighting. But you can not blind side someone like that.

BURTUZZI IS [NOT A NICE GUY]!!! that was rediculous. i actually wasnt goin to stay up til 1 am to watch the game but i did. He broke a mans neck and back!!! Assult charges should and hopefully will be filed, a Vancouver judge is looking into it.

He shouldnt be able to see the ice this year, including playoffs, and suspend him for 1 calandar year from the NHL like Mcsorley, even tho i think this is worse.

I liked 'tuzzi as a player bc he was an all around scorer and tough gut but this crosses the line.

My prayers go to Moore as his season, carreer and possibly his ablilty to WALK have been shattered!

[Mod Edit: Remember kids, new board, same rules.]

untitled-1.png

Archived