Avalanche Vs. Canucks

See Red

I have not seen it mentioned too much in hear but suposidly Canucks Coach Marc Crawford had a bounty out against Moore if that is proven true he should be suspended just as long as Bertuzzi if not longer.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crawford also gets a little testy too it seems. Remember the 1996 Conference Finals during that on ice brawl, Crawford was having at $#!t fit with Scotty Bowman. Of course it continued with Claude Lemieux doing some plastic surgery to Kris Draper.

I also remember one game in 1999 where his Canucks were losing 7-0 and he was just irate on his players.

For the record, I say Bertuzzi gets suspended the rest of the regular season, and 8 games in the playoffs. An interesting twist since if the Canucks sweep in round one, they lose him for the first 4 games of the Western Conference Semifinals. If the Canucks are eliminated before that, the remaining games suspended will carry over into next season.

As a Sharks fan who has respect for both Colorado (because Tony Granato is the man and has a cute hockey playing sister) and Vancouver (with some of their offensively skilled players) but this was ugly. I can sorta understand they want payback on Moore with a friendly tussle, if there is such. But to blatantly say we're going after him and doing this, is uncalled for.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I don't understand the problem with Bertuzzi here... He got back at a dude who cheap-shoted his Captain, and did it well. Do you think Moore will be cheap-shotting anyone in the near future? I think not. I say good job by Bertuzzi. Why is everyone all of a sudden shocked that there is violence in the NHL, or any sport for that matter.... wake up people, stop being suprised, it's not that suprising...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Everyone I know personally from the extreme die-hards to the casual know-nothings all say the say thing: Bertuzzi should be banned from hockey!

What he did was assault, a criminal act punishable by law. The very reason the police are involved. Moore may never recover while Bertuzzi could sit out and go scott-free. Moore's hit on Naslund was clean, Bertuzzi's was certainly not. And I'm willing to bet the only reason he did it was because Moore won his fight with Matt Cooke earlier in the game. Had Moore went down, he's be in a better spot now. He could face jail time, but I really doubt it. If you want to send a message against hockey voilence, this is probably the last chance they have.

It may however finally result in abolishing the instigator penalty.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I don't understand the problem with Bertuzzi here... He got back at a dude who cheap-shoted his Captain, and did it well. Do you think Moore will be cheap-shotting anyone in the near future? I think not. I say good job by Bertuzzi. Why is everyone all of a sudden shocked that there is violence in the NHL, or any sport for that matter.... wake up people, stop being suprised, it's not that suprising...

JQK, Bertuzzi did it too well. Moore's career is most likely over. Moore and Naslund both said it was unintentional hit by Moore on Naslund about a month ago. The problem is that the Canucks players stated they wanted payback. I'm agree with you that sure a fight is fine, but when Bertuzzi does it behind Moore's back in a game that's out of hand (scoreboard wise) and causes this much damage where it breaks his neck, severe concussion, and loss of blood, it ain't right.

Moore isn't gonna cheap shot anyone else because his career is over and so could Bertuzzi's come three hours.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Troll!

:D

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

If Bertuzzi had done it face to face that would have been appropriate, but this was a cheap shot and titally uncalled for. Bertuzzi looks like a coward for the sneak attack.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

In light of all this, I think there are things that need to happen in the NHL. Not just with the players, but overall. There was alot that could have happened to prevent this, or curb it, but didn't happen.

1/ FIRE GERY BETTMAN

what business does he have in hockey? the NHL needs a HOCKEY person to run HOCKEY business. If he was any kind of comissioner, then he would have acted and laid down the law when players were OPENLY stating that they were going to hunt down Moore and get revenge. No one saw anything wrong with this right? Saying openly "I'm going to collect the bounty on this guys head.", much like Brad May did leading up to the game. Bettman's term has not had a real positive effect on the NHL. perhaps there isn't a problem witht eh rules in hockey, perhaps in order for hockey to change, to get better, there needs to be a change with the people behind the rules

2/ Get the Referees to call the rule book

hey, if they don't hire fers that will. there are rules that are not being called in games. The game would be much more open if the fers had stuck to their guns with the obstruction crackdown. But no, they slid back into old habits and now we have clutch and grab hockey again.

3/ The instigator

I've probubly deat this one dead with a bat. if nothing else has workerd to curb violence int eh NHL over the past few seasons, try removing it, for two seasons and see what the effect is. If players know that their actions are going to have consequences, that they will have to deal will the big tough guys on the other team, perhaps they will think about what they are doing.

If Bertuzzi had done it face to face that would have been appropriate, but this was a cheap shot and titally uncalled for. Bertuzzi looks like a coward for the sneak attack.

You nailed that one Tank! It was a sucker punch all the way.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

JQK, Naslund even admitted that it was a clean hit that gave him a cuncussion bc he had his head down. I see ur POV on that he was just getting Moore back but dont sucker-punch someone after following him up and down the ice, its just uncalled for. Fighting should NOT be banned but sucker punches like that is what has to be stopped.

untitled-1.png

The problem is it takes something like this, or the McSorely hit, or the girl getting hit by the puck and dying in Columbus, or Dan Snyder dying in a car accident to get the NHL on the front page of the sports section or in the first 5 minutes of SportsCenter. Damn media...

Did you see John Davidson on the 6pm Sportscenter?

He ripped into the media blasting hockey "he refered to them as vultures who dont know a puck from a baseball bat"

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

JQK... it's different when Naslund isn't paying attention and gets popped from the front, which looked to be the case. He put his head down... he payed for it. His bad. He doesn't hold a grudge. He SAID the hit was legal. The NHL SAID the hit was legal. The Moore/Naslund hit was essentially the same as helmet to helmet contact in the NFL -- It's hardly intentional.

IUe6Hvh.png

My point is, It doesnt matter that what Bertuzzi did was highly illegal, and wrong. What matters is that Moore will now watch himself, and who he hits, whenever he plays against the Canucks... if he ever plays again...

What Bertuzzi did was pure goon, But sometimes you need some goonage to set players straight. The mass media who knows :censored: about hockey highlights things like these, and make everyone believe this stuff is the worst thing in sports. It's not.

Maybe i'm just old-school, but let the players police themselves. It may cost a vertebrae or two, but the message will soon get across, and the players will keep eachother in check...

sB9ijEj.png

Face it: This is the reputation hockey has. Thank Ulf Samuellsson, the first modern cheap shot artist.

Yeah, JQK, and Canadian papers don't know anything about hockey? They've been just as bad as the American ones. And you think players should break each others BACKS? I like a fight and everything as much as anyone else, butYou are a sicko. The game shouldn't be made of people slamming heads into the ice.

I like a fight and everything as much as anyone else, but You are a sicko. The game shouldn't be made of people slamming heads into the ice.

Yea, because now, everyone is going to be slamming heads into the ice. :rolleyes:

It was a one-time thing, a message. A message that, by the way, got through very clearly. If they ever let Bertuzzi back into the league, not a single player would fu*k with him. But the problem with what the NHL did was now hog-tie him. Players will be taking extra cheap shots at him and his teammates, because they know if he goes off again, he's gonna be punished severely. I didn't see anything wrong with it when it happened, i still don't. The media is overplaying this.

I feel sorry for Moore. I do. To have your career put into jeopardy by trying to slew-foot Naslund, and getting payback for it. I hope he's learned his painful lesson, and if he ever, God willing, gets back on the ice, maybe he'll be a better, cleaner playing player...

sB9ijEj.png

Ok, y'know, when Naslund says it was a clean hit (as I've read in a number of articles), don't you think it's time to back off?

Anyway, I actually believe somewhat in payback. But, if you're gonna go, go. Don't come up from behind like that, that's cheap and cowardly. Moore had already answered the bell earlier in the game, when he got challenged to a real, face-to-face fight. There's no nead for Bertuzzi to be a coward.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

When it's your captain and star player, you can't let guys have free shots like that, even if it is a clean hit. He's your captian, the top dog of your team, you need to stand up for your guys and say 'not happening buddy."

but not to this degree

Well if they got rid of the instigator when Moore hit Naslund some one could have gone after him rght away and that would have prevented further violence.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Archived