Sign in to follow this  
Ez Street

Arena Football League reschedules draft, again...

:jawdrop:

This can't be good.... Looks like Elway's plan to buy out the arena league may happen....

Time to start worrying

Well, ain't that a kick in the pants. I would have preferred to encounter more Blagojevich news.

I'm not buying it yet.

Just because the Rocky Mountain News says they have learned it's kaput, doesn't make it so.

They're source is likely Elway and Co. who seem to be hellbent on making this thing go south.

ESPN has parroted what RMN has said. But there are no other reports on the impending death of the league, in fact it's said the league has yet to decide.

I'm not buying it yet.

Just because the Rocky Mountain News says they have learned it's kaput, doesn't make it so.

They're source is likely Elway and Co. who seem to be hellbent on making this thing go south.

ESPN has parroted what RMN has said. But there are no other reports on the impending death of the league, in fact it's said the league has yet to decide.

I'm going to agree, until I see something from the AFL itself I won't believe it. But I will say that from what players are saying it could very well be suspended. But i'll wait til the 19th to see what the exact ruling is

I did a lot of design work for this league, but none of my league contacts are saying anything.

Sadly they saying here i new york last week that the AFL was in big money problems and that the guys who bought the Dragons from Mr Wang are already concedering folding the New York Dragons. DAMN IT i really liked that new Dragon logo too

Sadly they saying here i new york last week that the AFL was in big money problems and that the guys who bought the Dragons from Mr Wang are already concedering folding the New York Dragons. DAMN IT i really liked that new Dragon logo too

I've heard that report, and the COO of the NY Dragons have already said that the team is in good shape.

I'm with you guys.

I don't believe anything until the AFL says so.

There has been rampant speculation since the :censored: hit the fan, so my logical thinking is to wait until something is officially said.

There is a lot of behind-the-scenes crap that goes on.

Some of this dis-information is probably put out by those who would benefit from having a suspended season.

Agreed that if they shut it down they are done.

I actually think this will lead to a split for some teams to start a new league, AKA the Crush.

But I could be wrong.

FWIW, this isn't only coming from Denver. The director of communications for the Kansas City Brigade confirmed they're in discussions to suspend the season.

Statement from the league:

?The AFL is working on long-term structural improvements which have unfortunately delayed some important events, such as the release of the 2009 schedule, the Dispersal Draft, and the beginning of free agency,? said Acting Commissioner ED POLICY. ?We thank our fans for their enthusiasm for these events and ask them to be patient a little longer while we finalize our long-term improvements. All AFL teams are working towards winning ArenaBowl XXIII.?

http://www.arenafootball.com/ViewArticle.d...;DB_OEM_ID=3500

Where have I been? I thought the league was doing fine. Better TV ratings and more popular than the NHL (not that that says much).

So I guess the VooDoo saw the handwriting on the wall and figured that they wouldn't waste any money on a league about to fold.

Yeah, that story from KC makes me think this will happen.

Shut it down, turn off the lights, sell the crap, it's over.

ESPN OTL reporting AFL to cancel the 2009 season.

This whole thing is making my BigBrain hurt.

You've got outlets saying that they're going to cancel, and you've got some saying that there wasn't really a meeting with Ed Policy, and you've got Jaworski saying that it's still very much up in the air.

I wish everyone would just keep their big yaps shut until they made a decision.