New Majestic BP jersey style (with pics)

BRice16

Picked this up from a local retailer that liquidates Majestic salesman samples. It appears to be a new cold-weather long sleeve BP jersey. The look is identical to the current BP, but longsleeve and lined with a thin layer of fleece. The graphics on the front and number on the back use the same felt-like heat pressed lettering as the current BPs.

Here are some pics:

Front:

DSC01059.jpg

Back:

DSC01060.jpg

Flat:

DSC01061.jpg

Tagging, note the ThermaBase tag from the jackets where the CoolBase tag is on normal BPs:

DSC01062.jpg

Close-ups:

DSC01063.jpg

DSC01064.jpg

DSC01065.jpg

It looks pretty real. I imagine that this is to counteract the fact that next year's postseason goes well into November, and things get pretty darn cold. Good incorporation of long sleeves onto the therma base.

So are the Tigers' BPs always that ugly?

That's bad ass - for a fan. I can't imagine a player wanting to wear a long-sleeve jersey, when there are so many performance undershirts that keep them warm as well as allow for full range of movement.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That's bad ass - for a fan. I can't imagine a player wanting to wear a long-sleeve jersey, when there are so many performance undershirts that keep them warm as well as allow for full range of movement.

I agree completely. I guess it is kind of like how they have short and long sleeve jerseys in soccer but obviously the range of motion in the arms doesn't really need to be there for soccer. Then again these are only BP jerseys so I guess a player is really just trying to get loose during their pregame routine and as long as these aren't super restricting they may just do the job of keeping players warm.

mets.png

Doesn't this kind of defeat the whole purpose of having a BP jersey? They were originally designed to be lighter and looser for things like Spring Training games and pregame warmups, when the temperature is a bit warmer. Some teams even wore them during regular season games in the middle of summer before the Cool Base jerseys came out. Now we have BP jerseys made to keep players warmer? I guess marketing and merchandising know no boundaries.

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

Doesn't this kind of defeat the whole purpose of having a BP jersey? They were originally designed to be lighter and looser for things like Spring Training games and pregame warmups, when the temperature is a bit warmer. Some teams even wore them during regular season games in the middle of summer before the Cool Base jerseys came out. Now we have BP jerseys made to keep players warmer? I guess marketing and merchandising know no boundaries.

Ever been to an eary April (or late October) game in Cleveland, Pittsburgh (obviously October doesn't apply), Philadelphia, Boston, New York, etc?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Ever been to an eary April (or late October) game in Cleveland, Pittsburgh (obviously October doesn't apply), Philadelphia, Boston, New York, etc?

Mark my words, the Pirates will play in October next year... actually, they have regular season games Oct. 1-4, but they're all on the road.

But yeah, if it's snowing in Cleveland, the players may want some fleece to stay warm.

I don't think anyone suggested that this would replace the current BP, merely supplement it with another option.

Many players in cold weather cities have been wearing fleece over their BP jerseys, so I guess the next step was to combine the two.

I don't think anyone suggested that this would replace the current BP, merely supplement it with another option.

Many players in cold weather cities have been wearing fleece over their BP jerseys, so I guess the next step was to combine the two.

Exaclty. This seems like the cold-weather equivalent of COOL BASE game jerseys. The CB hasn't completely replaced the doubleknits league-wide, but it has supplanted them in warm weather for a lot of teams (not all, because of the Yankees).

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Not 100% on topic here, but a batting practice jersey would be the perfect place to finally use that nice "Tigers" script that hardly sees the light of day, with that nice big wavy T. As long as the home in-game jerseys never change again, I don't see the harm.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

These will be really popular in Minnesota in April and May 2010 when the Twins move outside and a generation (or two) of fans who have never been to an outdoor game get a cold slap in the face on a blustery 40º night. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

It looks pretty real. I imagine that this is to counteract the fact that next year's postseason goes well into November, and things get pretty darn cold. Good incorporation of long sleeves onto the therma base.

I guess the question is, why would they even bother making a Detroit version at all then? :cry:

I guess the question is, why would they even bother making a Detroit version at all then? :cry:

They liquidated them for a reason.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Archived