Verlander Design

connriv

So why did he use the same type for the Bengals, Texans, Cardinals, and Falcons?

What in the world are you talking about?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Their NFL logo looks too cutesy. Almost playful in a childish way. So I'm with you, BBTV, I don't think its NFL caliber.

The Bengals, Texans, Falcons, and Cardinals do have similar wordmarks, yes. Sure, they all have serifs. But they all carry their own unique feel, and are after all, different typefaces.

The Verlander NFL shield reminds me of how the shield pulsates and explodes (?) in commercials for NFL things, with someone yelling I WANT THATTTTTT or I PLAY DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS FOR PEOPLE WHO MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE WHO LIKE DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS or whatever else they're hawking. So it's like that, caught in mid-pulsate. I don't like it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Bengals, Texans, Falcons, and Cardinals do have similar wordmarks, yes. Sure, they all have serifs. But they all carry their own unique feel, and are after all, different typefaces.

Sorry, cat...I don't see it.

To be sure, the guy has done some outstanding work, or else the NFL wouldn't have contracted him in the first place (the NFL or any of his other clients). BUT, in regards to the wordmarks, they are entirely too similar for my comfort--this is particularly true for the wordmarks of the Texans and the Cardinals--which itself looks entirely too similar to the Seahawks' wordmark. (His site doesn't list them, but judging by that alone, is it possible this Verlander guy did the Seahawks'c current identity, as well?)

The Bengals' wordmark might be the most unique of the bunch, and as such is the only one that, to me at least, doesn't look too generic. But...that's all just me here.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived