Southern League Redesign

chickenfish

Hey Guys. I got the idea to do this from the requests thread, where a member was looking for milb vector logos. They found the link, and now I have the logos too. So I chose a random league, the Southern League, and am starting off my redesign with the Birmingham Barons.

Logos: I didn't change much with the logos, but I got rid of the est. 1885 type on the primary, because I feel it is unneccessary. I went with 2 of the same cap logos, and changed up the B cap logo to make it all white. I kept the script the same.

Jerseys: I have never done a baseball jersey concept before, so I just made all new concepts for the Barons. Home Red, Away White, and Alternate Grey.

Now onto the logo sheet:

BirminghamBaronsLogoSheet.gif

Jerseys:

BirminghamBaronsRedesign.gif

C & C please, it is my first baseball concept. Next team will be the Jacksonville Suns.

fau.png

yeah I agree with McCall, not much effort. Not having the established in 1885 takes away from the logo. You need to do more to be accepted here.

Who are you to say who is accepted here and who isn't. You have been a member for two months and you are gonna tell someone they won't be accepted. I know I haven't been a member as long as many people on here, but I know my place and you need to find yours when it comes to comments like this. You and jake 22 both need to do that.

As for the concept, its not bad for a first concept, use a regular template and repost it to get better feedback.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

yeah I agree with McCall, not much effort. Not having the established in 1885 takes away from the logo. You need to do more to be accepted here.

Who are you to say who is accepted here and who isn't. You have been a member for two months and you are gonna tell someone they won't be accepted. I know I haven't been a member as long as many people on here, but I know my place and you need to find yours when it comes to comments like this. You and jake 22 both need to do that.

As for the concept, its not bad for a first concept, use a regular template and repost it to get better feedback.

Seriously, I agree, you obviously think that you are better than chickenfish for saying that, which is out of line. No one is better than anyone else, maybe someone might be better at design, but we are really just all fans of sports logos here. No need to come in with an attitude issue just because you don't like the concept. Come on. That was a pretty newb thing to say.

Seriously, I agree, you obviously think that you are better than chickenfish for saying that, which is out of line. No one is better than anyone else, maybe someone might be better at design, but we are really just all fans of sports logos here. No need to come in with an attitude issue just because you don't like the concept. Come on. That was a pretty newb thing to say.

I never said I was accepted here either. Some designers are accepted, and respected because they make completly new concepts, not just changing 1 thing. People like elliot, GFB, and chestnutz all do that, so they get respect.

I'm sorry I came across so negitive

I never said I was accepted here either. Some designers are accepted, and respected because they make completly new concepts, not just changing 1 thing. People like elliot, GFB, and chestnutz all do that, so they get respect.

I'm sorry I came across so negitive

Just so you know there is a big difference between being accepted and respected. So figure out what one you are going with and stick to it.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

Yup, I accept everyone, but I don't respect everyone. Some people get so annoying after a period of time that I have no respect for them, not gonna name any names but crkraider might have already mentioned someone like that...raysox you should know that everyone is accepted, we always want new members that contribute - that's great. And missing on some concepts doesn't change that. However continuously doing stupid stuff, like recolorings or mouthing off, you know what I mean...that definitely decreases respect levels.

The thing that confuses me is that on the logo sheet you have the two B logos listed as cap logos, but neither of them appear on any of your caps. A little puzzling. As for the uni's, they are a good solid concept. But they are very generic. Nothing flashy or creative. And the template needs to go. Its too compresed.

jNTsTyQ.png

I gree with some of the others, you need to redo the template, they are way to thin, it's hard to see your work. For the most part I like your idea. The only things I would change is to use the B logos on the hats and color in the B on the white uniform, it will look better and be easier to see.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

I realize it's a first concept, but a few things you could do to improve on it:

– No full logos on caps.

– Make a black cap with a red B like in one of the logos.

– Make all the caps have B's

– Re-work your template. Presentation counts.

– Take the uniforms design further. Make it really old-school, like the guy in the logo might actually wear it. The Portland Beavers did a really good job with this, maybe look at their stuff. The time period for yours will be even further back, but they are a good example of exactly how much you can / can't do with a baseball uniform.

EDIT: Shouldn't the home be white, road grey, and alternate red?

Thanks for all of the input guys. I realize I probably should have put in more effort into it. I will try and take my time with the Suns, and get a better concept out of it. Question: By no full logos on caps, do you mean no primaries? Just wondering. Also, yeah, I completely missed the fact that I have the B logos listed as cap logos, yet there not on the caps :P . Should I label them as secondary next time? Thanks again for all the feedback.

fau.png

Thanks for all of the input guys. I realize I probably should have put in more effort into it. I will try and take my time with the Suns, and get a better concept out of it. Question: By no full logos on caps, do you mean no primaries? Just wondering. Also, yeah, I completely missed the fact that I have the B logos listed as cap logos, yet there not on the caps :P . Should I label them as secondary next time? Thanks again for all the feedback.

By no full logos, we mean that the logos you currently have on the caps are much too detailed. Use the B logo, much like the pill box hat in one of the logos.

Hey Guys. So I took your advice, looked over it, and am finished designing the Jacksonville Suns. I hope you like these ones more, and feel that they are better executed. I do.

Logos: I kept 3 of there original logos, and modified 2. I dropped a couple as well. The last JS logo just doesnt have the red outline, and I recolored the sun and gave it an outline. For the whole project I will mostly be keeping the logos, or just recoloring them. I may design my own logos if I see fit.

Jerseys: I took your guys' advice for the jerseys. I kept the same template, but It shouldnt be distorted because I am displaying one jersey at a time. Here it is.

JSunsLogos.gif

Home Jersey:

JsunsHomeJ.gif

Away Jersey:

JSunsAwayJ.gif

Alternate Jersey:

JSunsAltJ.gif

Enjoy. C & C as always. Any feedback, I will update this time.

fau.png

Is this particular template done on a David Wells scale?

The triple-outline on the numbers is unnecessary, and the numbers on the home seems to be smaller than the road and alternate. Three different coloured belts is unnecessary as well, especially a yellow belt. The cap logos are gigantic on the cap. Wordmark on the road should say Jacksonville. Lastly, I'd hate to see the day when lowercase nameplates invade baseball, or any other sport for that matter (too bad soccer has already done it, shame on them).

Wade-sig.png

I am really interested in this series because I love minor league baseaball, but sorry I don't like this set at all. The all white home set is the best. I have two concerns about it though, the double outline name on the back and the number outline doesn't match the word mark on the front.

The away set has the same issues. The number on the back has a triple outline. THis combined with the blue on blue nature of the set just doesn't work for me.

The alternate is more of the same. The yellow belt, socks and pants stripe looks like a forced attempt to use yellow.

Overall: Why did you not use the yellow version of the sun anywhere but the primary?

I am not a person who hates new ideas or wants to keep things just because they have always been that way, but can we get some grey, or maybe a yellow set to be the away?

Archived