NCAA Championship Bracket!

MiK

Granted, this isn't a logo concept, but a concept none-the-less.

I give you the new NCAA Bowl Subdivision Division 1, A, whatever the heck you want to call it, TOURNAMENT! Because we all know the BCS is tanking...

ncaafootballbracket.jpg

Ten team tournament. The Six Champions from the big conferences (ACC, SEC, Big 10, Big 12, Big East, Pac 10) and four at large bids.

Keeping with tradition, Big 10 Champions will meet Pac 10 Champions in the Rose Bowl. ACC will meet Big East in the Orange Bowl, SEC will meet an at-large team in the Sugar Bowl and the Big 12 will meet another at-large team in the Fiesta Bowl.

The At-Large teams are decided by the AP Polls, with no limit to conferences. SO say for some odd (glorious) reason, Wisconsin wins the Big 10 and is number 1 in the AP Poll, they will play in the rose bowl against the PAC 10, now Michigan State and oh I don't know, Northwestern are #2 and #3 in the AP, they both would play in an at-large game, to try and face either the Big 12 or SEC. This goes for any conference. The 4 at-large bids also make it possible for WAC and Mountain West teams to win a national championship.

Some of you may ask, how often would that happen? Well, this style of national championship encourages the Boise State's of the world to schedule more difficult non-conference games...and placing more importance on the regular season schedule no matter what conference you're in.

So there you have it.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

not a bad idea. As it stands now, your at-large bids would go to #3 Texas, #4 Alabama, #6 Utah, and #7 Texas Tech. It would encourage Boise to schedule a little tougher, but not much tougher.

I think next year, Boise will be in the top 25 in the preseason polls and be in prime position to make another run, even with a lightweight schedule.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

The 4 at-large bids also make it possible for WAC and Mountain West teams to win a national championship.

So no love for the MAC, C*USA, Sunbelt, or independents?

Otherwise, awesome idea. Still uses the bowls while giving more teams a chance at a title.

spacer.png

You'd get some outrage if, because of keeping the traditional conference alignments to bowls, #1 and #2 square off in the first round.

Yes, but that would be rare, and make a heck of a bowl. Plus, both teams still have a shot at being the champion.

The 4 at-large bids also make it possible for WAC and Mountain West teams to win a national championship.

So no love for the MAC, C*USA, Sunbelt, or independents?

"Independents" annoy me to begin with. Just join a conference already. Yeah, I'm looking at you Notre Dame.

You'd get some outrage if, because of keeping the traditional conference alignments to bowls, #1 and #2 square off in the first round.

The way I see it, The BCS creates so much outrage on #1 and #2 teams anyway, that this system will weed out the lessers and show the true #1 and #2 teams.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Archived