Sports Identity Showdown I

ShinyHubCaps

Good stuff, people. Check the updated list on the front.

THE RESERVATION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED.

Name: MBurmy

Market: Racine, WI

Team Name: Beacons (a reference to the famous Wind Point Lighthouse)

Ah, my hometown! Make me proud.

I guess I don't want to be the idiot that has a big huge logo on the front that nobody else has.

If it were me, I would put a crest logo on the front... but that's just me.

And I will approve your Hackensack, NJ. Try to make it final.

THE SUBMISSION PERIOD IS NOW OPEN.

Please e-mail all files to Shinyhubcaps@yahoo.com, or PM me if the first type is inconvenient for whatever reason. I would certainly prefer the e-mail attachments, though.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a message I composed, but I cannot send it to each individual. Instead, I will post it here.

If you are receiving this message, it is because you have expressed interest in the North American Kickball League in Sports Identity Showdown I. I hope that all of you who reserved cities are also able to submit concepts. There are many talented designers here, and I hope to see something special from each one of you to help make this contest a success.

In preparing your submissions, please follow these guidelines:

1.) Make your submission on a single .png file if possible. If not possible for that file extension, make it a .gif, which I can then convert. If you require multiple files, keep in mind that I will likely consolidate it onto one file. The files can be as large as you need (as far as dimensions).

2.) Please do not post your work on the forums in any place. They will all be unveiled at the same time, which is when the voting round begins (January 6, 2009).

3.) Please e-mail all concepts to Shinyhubcaps@yahoo.com, and please make a distinct subject so I can tell it's from the forums and for the purpose of this contest. You may either send a file directly or a link if your file is online. I would prefer the file attachment itself. (You may also PM me if absolutely necessary.)

4.) Stick to the market that you claimed. I do not want someone to claim one place and then present another, because in doing so, they may have deterred someone else from using that reserved market.

5.) The submission period begins now and goes through January 5, 2009. The deadline will likely be midnight.

6.) Participant signatures are available here to those who would like one.

Remember to have fun and make a quality concept. Together we can make this contest a success.

-Commissioner ShinyHubCaps

I am hoping for concepts from 33hooligan, aci, beansdooma, Ben5, bigdub81, bigmike, Billy B, brandon_odis, Brauny1280, Brian B., burgundyskins, chestnutz6, chickenfish13, chrisCLEMENT, ColaCock, Crash, davidson, dcameronh, deezy, Delayed Penalty, Drew22, elliott, Evan, Firefly, fishheatcats, fkaKrock5cent, Frenchie, gingerbreadmann, GoNordiques, Gordie, Klydefrog, kphealey, leggman01, lich0037, lopernv, maz, Mburmy, penguin20, Perfect Zero, phlash, raysox, rmered, scottysprings, Shmee, Shumway, sigma716, sizemorematters, spearhead, StatikGS, StuckeyDuck, Swampee, TalktoChuck, the49erfan15, TheMasterBrendino1, TurnTwo419, twins_vikes_wild_mn, Twins8791, udubs03, and vicfurth.

Here is a message I composed, but I cannot send it to each individual. Instead, I will post it here.
If you are receiving this message, it is because you have expressed interest in the North American Kickball League in Sports Identity Showdown I. I hope that all of you who reserved cities are also able to submit concepts. There are many talented designers here, and I hope to see something special from each one of you to help make this contest a success.

1.) Make your submission on a single .png file if possible. If not possible for that file extension, make it a .gif, which I can then convert. If you require multiple files, keep in mind that I will likely consolidate it onto one file. The files can be as large as you need (as far as dimensions).

2.) Please do not post your work on the forums in any place. They will all be unveiled at the same time, which is when the voting round begins (January 6, 2009).

3.) Please e-mail all concepts to Shinyhubcaps@yahoo.com, and please make a distinct subject so I can tell it's from the forums and for the purpose of this contest. You may either send a file directly or a link if your file is online. I would prefer the file attachment itself. (You may also PM me if absolutely necessary.)

4.) Stick to the market that you claimed. I do not want someone to claim one place and then present another, because in doing so, they may have deterred someone else from using that reserved market.

5.) The submission period begins now and goes through January 5, 2009. The deadline will likely be midnight.

Remember to have fun and make a quality concept. Together we can make this contest a success.

I am hoping for concepts from 33hooligan, aci, beansdooma, Ben5, bigdub81, bigmike, Billy B, brandon_odis, Brauny1280, Brian B., burgundyskins, chestnutz6, chickenfish13, chrisCLEMENT, ColaCock, Crash, davidson, dcameronh, deezy, Delayed Penalty, Drew22, elliott, Evan, Firefly, fishheatcats, fkaKrock5cent, Frenchie, gingerbreadmann, GoNordiques, Gordie, Klydefrog, kphealey, leggman01, lich0037, lopernv, maz, Mburmy, penguin20, Perfect Zero, phlash, raysox, rmered, scottysprings, Shmee, Shumway, sigma716, sizemorematters, spearhead, StatikGS, StuckeyDuck, Swampee, TalktoChuck, the49erfan15, TheMasterBrendino1, TurnTwo419, twins_vikes_wild_mn, Twins8791, udubs03, and vicfurth.

Ay, ay cap'n

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

Yes, I'm doing Hackensack, and I think we should also see which concept gets the most votes from each program (Paint, Inkscape, AI, etc.) just an idea. This will be epic, I'm almost done.

6fQjS3M.png

im done,

good comp, nice relaxed rules. had a lot of fun making this one.

Thank you for your support. I look forward to seeing what people do with the uniforms, which I left open-ended. Did you send your file yet?

Anyone have team name suggestions for a Tampa team?

Something to do with the ocean (sharks, manatees, tide, something like that) or maybe fire (since Tampa means fire sticks in a native american language)

Not gonna lie, but Tampa Firesticks sound pretty freaking awesome.

Well, I sent mine in because I know I'll just keep messing with it until I drive myself crazy. I'm sure I'll wake up tomorrow and wish I could totally redo it.

Which brings me to a question my son brought up. After you send in a submission, can you resubmit if you come up with a stronger design/concept?

Something to do with the ocean (sharks, manatees, tide, something like that) or maybe fire (since Tampa means fire sticks in a native american language)

My suggestion:

Tampa Bay Red Tide (red tide kills all creatures swimming in it, plus the uniform set would be obvious).

If you want fire, I suggest the Tampa Bay Blaze (just sounds cool)

bYhYmxh.png

Not gonna lie, but Tampa Firesticks sound pretty freaking awesome.

I'm choosing the Blaze

Well, I sent mine in because I know I'll just keep messing with it until I drive myself crazy. I'm sure I'll wake up tomorrow and wish I could totally redo it.

Which brings me to a question my son brought up. After you send in a submission, can you resubmit if you come up with a stronger design/concept?

I will post everything I have right prior to voting, so if for any reason you'd like to bump that in favor of something else, then I would allow it.

By the way, yours looks great. I think there's just a little error in the shading on the first template, but don't obsess over it.

I got to bow out, Was trying to get this done before leaving for Florida tomorrow for two weeks, but was unsuccessful.

Good luck everyone

Hate to see ya go. I had another drop-out via PM, so I'll tell you the same thing. If you can throw something together by Jan. 6, I'll hold a spot for you.

I am having trouble deciding on a name for Birmingham, I know I said Vulcans but I can't really come up with any good logos. Any suggestoins would be nice!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Archived