Sports Identity Showdown I

ShinyHubCaps

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the rundown:

ONES I HAVE RECEIVED

Billy B, elliott, Firefly, fishheatcats, penguin20, rmered, scottysprings, sizemorematters, TalktoChuck

ONES THAT HAVE BEEN PUT ON HIATUS

chickenfish13, Klydefrog

ONES I HAVE NOT RECEIVED

33hooligan, aci, beansdooma, Ben5, bigdub81, bigmike, brandon_odis, Brauny1280, burgundyskins, chestnutz6, chrisCLEMENT, ColaCock, Crash, davidson, dcameronh, deezy, DelayedPenalty, Drew22, Evan, fkaKrock5cent, Frenchie, gingerbreadmann, GoNordiques, Gordie, kphealey, leggman01, lich0037, lopernv, maz, Mburmy, Perfect Zero, phlash, raysox, Shmee, Shumway, sigma716, spearhead, StatikGS, StuckeyDuck, Swampee, TC, The Barrish, the49erfan15, theflakeband, TheMasterBrendino1, TurnTwo419, Twins8791, udubs03, vicfurth

If your name is on the last list, I hope to hear back from you. I will update my lists periodically, and probably around Jan. 1, I will send messages to those who I have not submitted concepts or excused themselves.

Also, if you prefer to send .gif files instead of .png, please do so. My only concern is that some .png files drop out the background, which is fine, but I sometimes have trouble opening those. So either add a blank layer to the back of .png files or send in .gif or .png files without the transparency.

Thank you.

I am having trouble deciding on a name for Birmingham, I know I said Vulcans but I can't really come up with any good logos. Any suggestoins would be nice!

Alabama Astros is a name I would throw out (although it is Huntsville), but it probably wouldn't work.

No I dont really like that name, anymore suggestions

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I am having trouble deciding on a name for Birmingham, I know I said Vulcans but I can't really come up with any good logos. Any suggestoins would be nice!

Alabama Astros is a name I would throw out (although it is Huntsville), but it probably wouldn't work.

Orbit? Comets? Galaxy? Blast?

expect mine soon!, I'm nearly done.

And what is everyone doing for the game ball? That's what I'm stuck on

I can tell you that of the nine I have received, four are essentially team colored with logo, three play off of the jerseys, one plays off of the logo, and one is so freaking creative that I cannot describe it. :)

They all have some team logo on it somewhere, and two have the league logo on the opposite pole.

I can tell you that of the nine I have received, four are essentially team colored with logo, three play off of the jerseys, one plays off of the logo, and one is so freaking creative that I cannot describe it. :)

They all have some team logo on it somewhere, and two have the league logo on the opposite pole.

Ok, thanks, that'll help me

I think I'll be able find a name to go with, but im up for suggestions for a name for a Pittsburgh team.

Iron Men?

Orbit? Comets? Galaxy? Blast?

No, the team is in Birmingham Alabama not Huntsville, nothing to do with space

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Ok, thanks, that'll help me

I think I'll be able find a name to go with, but im up for suggestions for a name for a Pittsburgh team.

Iron Men?

God damn it, I was going to use Ironmen for my Steelers affiliate in Statik's fishheatcats' contest. :P

God damn it, I was going to use Ironmen for my Steelers affiliate in Statik's contest. :P

Funny, I don't remember starting a contest.. Unless it means you're master of your domain. I'm only in this contest, participating in the NFL Reserve, and have my own MLB Time Warp project... Oh its fun not being able to drive or walk for about another week.

And as for this contest, I'm almost done with my uniforms, the logos are done. I'll hopefully be able to submit it tonight if all goes well.

TDZiMMB.png

God damn it, I was going to use Ironmen for my Steelers affiliate in Statik's contest. :P

Funny, I don't remember starting a contest.. Unless it means you're master of your domain. I'm only in this contest, participating in the NFL Reserve, and have my own MLB Time Warp project... Oh its fun not being able to drive or walk for about another week.

And as for this contest, I'm almost done with my uniforms, the logos are done. I'll hopefully be able to submit it tonight if all goes well.

Wow, I'm messed up today. :wacko: I meant fishheatcats. Sorry! ^_^

You talking about the snow? How much did you get?

Wow, I'm messed up today. :wacko: I meant fishheatcats. Sorry! ^_^

You talking about the snow? How much did you get?

Eh, about a foot, but my car's completely plowed in..

And that wasn't what I was talking about. I had surgery last week and my world consists of computer at the couch and computer at my bed, so I've been cranking out graphics.

OH! And I sent in my kickball team and I'm very happy with how it came out. Its so cheesy!

TDZiMMB.png

I've been fiddling around with minor changes here and there over the past few weeks, and I'm still not sure if it's ready. I like what I've done, but I keep feeling I could do more. I need to just find a point where it's good enough and stop messing with it. I should have it in soon though. Likely by Tuesday, if not before.

spacer.png

I feel that something dealing with the rivers or bridges would be fitting, or Fort Pitt and Duquesne, maybe the Generals, Rivermen, or Miners to represent more of the Southwest PA area.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

I feel that something dealing with the rivers or bridges would be fitting, or Fort Pitt and Duquesne, maybe the Generals, Rivermen, or Miners to represent more of the Southwest PA area.

For the river thing, how about Admirals?

jNTsTyQ.png

Archived